Software for mobile phones

Have any of you written any LD software for mobile phones, or do you know if any LD software exists for, say, J2ME?

I own an N-gage phone, and I was think of writing a program that could play a recorded sound every hour during the night, e.g. “You are dreaming”. It should be a cheap and easy solution.

Does it already exist, and if so, does it work (increase chances of LD)?

It sounds like a great idea! :happy:
It also sounds like it could be used during the day as reality checks also.
Does the N-gage allow you to use recordings as ring tones?
You could record a voice to ask “Is your phone really ringing, or is this a dream?” and every call would be like a reality check! :smile:

I have not heard of any lucid dreaming software made for mobile phones yet. Some of us have changed our screensaver or similar (like I have) that ask “Are you dreaming?” each time I see the screen. It would be great to have actual software that is meant to help towards LDs.
If you can, I’d say go for it!

… and welcome to LD4all, I hope you enjoy your time here. :smile:

Kim_dk what an excellent idea of you!

Mm yes i could do that to with my cellphone, never thought of it.

Briljant! :happy:

The phone supports both sound and mp3 files as ringtones and it has a built in speaker. I’m reading up on sound libs. for J2ME; it should therefor also work on other symbian phones (mostly newer nokia). I’ll keep you posted if I can make it work.

Unfortunately developing your own bluetooth devices is expensive, otherwise perhaps connecting the phone to a novadreamer or similar device (wireless ofcourse :smile: ) could trigger the sound signal.

Hi,

I have been looking for such a program as well, so if anyone finds/makes one I would be happy.

An alternative is to record the reminder and use it with the alarm clock feature. I did that once, recording a reminder and then some silence so that when I set the alarm it would loop it, playing the reminder at regular intervals in the morning when REM sleep is plentiful.

I only tried it once since it tapped my battery empty, which is annoying. If you could keep it plugged in, I guess it would work better though. I might try again.

BTW, the lucidity institute PEST gadget I believe vibrate at random times during the day as a reminder to RC. That could also be a cool applet for a mobile.

I have made a program that plays a sound-clip every half hour during the night. There is an initial 3 hours delay.

The first night I tried it, it was too loud and it woke me up; I was in a dream and said to myself “you are dreaming” (that was also the sound clip I used) before I woke up - so it might actually work.
I am putting in a volume control, so I can adjust it.

I am not sure if the vibrator can be activated from a j2me program (on a nokia phone). But I can look into that later.

Yeah, except people around you would probably be confused by it lol…
for RC’s, most phones let you set reminder things anyway, which could work great…

Im getting an N-Gage this week :smile:

a lucid dream program for the POCKET PC would probably be easier - and better as well :smile:

is there one?

Hey, sounds cool. :clap: I would be interested in the program if you’re interested in sharing. Would it run on a Nokia 6230?

Damn, it seems the 6230 does not run Symbian :cry:

No, but it will run j2me programs, so there is a chance it will work anyway. I’ll add an option to record your own message. Then I can send you a copy you can try out.

Cool, thanks a bundle :happy:

My e-mail is
dysamalex@yahoo.com

has anybody found any software for PocketPC? My mobile runs Windows Mobile 2003, so i could install it on that and use it’s motor to give vibration cues, as well as my PDA for additional audio cues.

if there isn’t one, i’ll start coding with mobile runtimes. i have experience in programming (mainly VB and C++) so i’ll see if i can knock something up. e-mail me and i’ll send you a copy when it’s ready - mad_hatter@blueyonder.co.uk

I wrot a data program that was playing “u are dreaming” Then i realize that u dont hear anything when u are dreaming so i deleted it…

U think that plying a sound at night will help?

yes