Butterfly effect.. seriously

By the way, I have to mention another movie I really liked. I don’t know if you people would like it or not, but if you ever have the chance, check out the movie Pulse. Good stuff.

i know what you mean but its a theroy, i forgot how it goes tho, but something along thoes lines

The idea of the butterfly effect of chaos theory is that there’s a really small chance that a really small event could, through some odd chain of events, cause a very large event (sure, a hurricane!). It could be a butterfly flapping it’s wings in Texas, it could be a dragonfly in Australia. It could be anything, any minute little event. Even though there’s a ridiculously low possibility, the point is that it’s possible.

As far as the films go, I haven’t seen the Butterfly Effect but Donnie Darko and Eternal Sunshine are extremely cool.

so i was basicly right :-p

ok now have I seen Donnie Darko and i did not understand anything :ack: … So I think that I have mist something :confused:

Were every thing just imaginations the momente hi die?? Could he travel in time? And about the rabbit ??? :happy:

Could any one explane fore me plz :help: … Every one seems to like it so I want to understand :tongue:

It is meant to be a movie to make you think.

Took this down because I guess I’m an ass.

Ok thanks :grin: u made me unserstand a bit more :smile: I think i have to see it again to understund all of it :eh:

i’m not shure about this but im pretty shure the whole butterfly-hurricane thing is proven science, it is possible. personally i think it’s pretty awesome, one small, “unimportant” life makes profound difference. and thats undeniable. think about how many things u do in your life, and all of them start a chain reaction of different events. it’s like that old christmas movie (4got wut its called), only im willing to bet the impact goes even farther. neway thats my 2 cents.

seriously people, DO NOT POST SPOILERS

especially for a movie (DD) that is not mentioned in the thread title, please, please, do not do that.

They make me want to go on a muderous rampage, fortunately I’m good at avoiding them, and I’ve seen DD, but some people here probably haven’t.

I haven’t but i tried to skip that post, is it really that good?

Eh, oh well.

the whole thing that makes Donnie Darko the masterpiece it is is the ending, you didn’t give for me, what I consider the best part away, but seriously, there is no point in watching a movie if you know how it ends…

haven’t you ever had some idiot loudmouthed friend or family member tell you what is going to happen before it does?

That isn’t movie watching…

that’s deatched zombie movie watching, you watch movies to feel and connect, and you know, just go where the movie is supposed to take you…

it’s hard to do that if you know what is going to happen.

SPOILERS <— followed by about 12 empty lines… is a good way to go about talking about movie plots.

yeah i hate when someone spoils the movie for me :grrr:

i also hate people even whispering in movie theaters

i like to go during the afternoon when no one is there, good prices too.

then again though i had a pakced theater for Kill Bill: 2 on opening day but the crowd was good, the occasional too loud laugh that lasts too long, but that’s about it.

so it depends.

the worst by far is taking a baby to a movie, that’s just mean to the baby to be exposed to an adult film with chaotic sounds and screaming and yelling… and you know, the damn thing is going to CRY there’s no avoiding it… DON’T TAKE IT… it can’t watch the movie, that’s just selfish if you ask me… can’t you just go to the movies alone, get a family member/babysitter to watch it, or wait for the dvd?

It’s not as bad taking a baby to a disney movie but taking a baby to some sort of adult movie just … seems extremely pointless and mean to both the baby and the audience.

sorry for my off topicness

to be back on topic in theaters for the butterfly effect some pansy women would go “oooh, oh no!” during every scene…

i just watched the director’s cut of this… nice…

made me cry a little.

i’m not sure which ending i prefer… both are good as they deviate from “normal” expected endings… though.

I just watched that movie yesterday. I watched the directors cut version. I did not know the theatrical version had a different ending. Is it worth renting again to see the theater ending.

Very good movie.

“Everything has cause and effect, but I doubt anything can really influence a hurricane. If something obvious could cause a hurricane, we would be able to stop them.”

Yeah like kill all the insects so they dont go around flapping wings like crazy and causing those nasty hurricanes.
If you want a simplified verson of the chaos theory tied in with an cool adventure story then read ‘jurrasic park’ the whole way through the crazy mathmatition has upto 3 pages at a time explaining it.

Its like when they say if time travel was possible and you went back to the dinosaurs day and killed a wasp…eventually all the changes from that simple absence might snowball and everything could change…
i really got see this movie tho-i keep hearing all about it

Yes you should. It is a very good movie.

the director’s cut is “better” but the normal one is real good too and gives more closure…

plus the music is good.