Never Before

I haven’t ever heard of lucid dreams before. What’s strategy do you recommend for me becoming lucid? It sounds so fun, and I want to do it! What strategy worked best for you when you were just starting?

Also, what do your hands look like in a dream that makes you know you’re dreaming?

Hi Gogf Welcome :smile:

My suggestion would be buy a good book about lucid dreaming like the ones of Steven Laberge and read the forum!
And keep a dream journal that also helps.

Looking at your hands sometimes results that u get a view of your hands with less vingers there or other weird stuff, but when u keep your hands in front of your head and and then look at the surroundings and back at your hands again, you notice that all of your dream stops…frame freeze. That is, as long as u keep looking at your hands and then quickly look at the surroundings again.

Good luck and happy dreams

Get excited about it, think about it lots, and read lots about it. That alone will do wonders for it.

Also, just spend time recalling your dream after you wake. This will increase the vividness of your dreams, which will help you to become lucid. If you can’t even remember your dreams at all, you’ll definitely need to try to do this every night so you will start to remember them.

What is I can’t remember by dream? I tried hard to remember it this morning, and couldn’t :sad:.

Anyway, so just looking at my hand and asking if I’m dreaming, and how I got there a lot alone won’t help?

Gogf

Don’t worry you will be remembering your dreams in no time.

=> Get a note book to keep by your bed this will be your dream journal.

=> Write “tonight I will remember my dreams” in your journal

=> Tell yourself over a few times as you go to sleep that you will remember your dreams.

=> If you can. Set your alarm to wake yourself up after 5 or 6 hours of sleep. Try and remember any dreams and just write some quick notes about any dreams you remember. Don’t stay up so long that it is hard for you to get back to sleep.

=> Go back to sleep and think about the dream you just had. Play it over in your head. Then tell yourself that “the next time I am dreaming I will remember I’m dreaming” Repeat the mantra in your mind as you fall back asleep.

=> When you wake up wright out any dreams you remember in as much detail as you can.

During the day:

=> ask yourself “am I dreaming”. Use RC to prove that you are not dreaming. If you are satisfied that you are not dreaming then tell yourself “ I am not dreaming now but, the next time I am dreaming I will realize I am dreaming”. In the beginning you want to do this at least 20-30 x a day. Do this exercise seriously.

Good luck on your quest for lucid dreams. I know this all sounds like a lot but it really isn’t. Believe me the effort is well worth it.

You might also want to read something about lucid dreaming for a ½ hour before going to sleep every night. As jeff mentioned above “exploring the world of lucid dreams” by Stephen labarge is a good one. You can buy it from this site.

Happy dreaming

The key is to never ever move during a dream recall