Small problem

Hello all, I’m new here.
I just have a small problem with starting my path to LD’s. Basically, I’ve had one so far, but that was naturally and a long time ago. I try to keep a dream journal, but sometimes I feel like my dreams are too pathetic to write down, and then by the time I will myself to do it, I forgot the dream. Mostly these “pathetic” dreams have a lot of elements from video games, which I like to play in my free time. I never seem to have any dreams of my home or college, just some random location with these video game references. I just feel pathetic that these video games seem to be “invading” my dreams in a way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
First write down any dream you have,no matter small or usless it my seem.
As for trying to get the videogames in check,Try not to play them as much.If you play them right before bed you will more then likely think about it as you go to sleep,Upping the chance that you dream about it.
Hope that helps.

Is there a good suggested amount of time before you go to bed, where you don’t do something to let it influence your dreams? Man, I phrased that weird. Basically, does everything in your day go into your dreams? Or just, more like the last 30 minutes to 2 hours, etc. Is there a span of time where I could just come on these forums and read some info before going to bed, to clear my mind? I think something like that may help too.

It just depends on how much you are thinking about it, not nessacarely the amount of time before bed that you do it. I play Halo alot, so I think about it alot, but I have gone a week before without playing it and still my dreams are about Halo, and then on other nights I have played right before bed and not dreamed about it. Like i was saying its just depends on how much your thinking about it.

I experimented… because for a while I wasn’t having any cool interesting dreams so I decided that for a week or so I would get out and do stuff and really try to be totally aware and alert of everything. you know, stop and smell the roses, because all i do is really just sit on the comptuer all day. but it didn’t really make too much of a differnce in my dreams. they were a lot more vivid though.

Don’t worry everyone has boring normal dreams at times. Once you start to keep a dream journal and practice lucid dreaming. in time you will find that your normal dreams will become much more exciting.

For me it tends to be that random things from my day appear in some form in my dreams. Sometimes if I think about things before I go to sleep, they’ll also be in my dreams, but usually it’s completely random. I’ll dream of things I did/thought about in the morning, evening, and everything in between. Might be different for other people though.

And about having “pathetic dreams”… a lot of my dreams are pretty dull too, but even if they’re about something completely normal they’re still interesting somehow. If you think about it, all dreams are pretty interesting because dreams in general are quite amazing :smile:

yeah, I dream about video gammes too, last night I dremt about tiba (a game I play) but I havent played it for a week

I’m a huge Silent hill fan,So you can guess what my dreams are like :wink:

Wow bio your dreams must rock!

btw I can’t wait for number 4…

Not all of them are good,If I don’t go lucid I wake up screaming and kicking,not good when your girlfriend is sleeping over :bored:

Oh man, Silent hill dreams…That scares the crap outta me just thinking about it. As for all of your comments, thank you very much. But what I meant by “pathetic dreams” was not that my dreams are dull or boring, but that I feel that my dreams are somehow “immature or innapropriate” with video games in them. Either way, thank you all very much, I am making progress with my journal.

Doom 3 Is also pretty freaky.