I had a LD!! new method of RC

I had my first LD over 1 second last night!!!

Its a funny story, I was in a ND and I told a DC all about LD 's and then asked her to tell me I’m dreaming when I go to “sleep”. Then I laid down and entered anouther dream and sure enough the DC was there and she told me I was dreaming. At first I didn’t belive but I eventually realized I was in fact in an LD . I guess you could do this in your lucid dreams as a cool way to RC . I don’t see why anyone shouldn’t. Seem like it raises your chances of having an LD by 50%. I never fully grasped the meaning of this so I didn’t get to do anything interesting but I did look at the sun for 90% of the time. It looked like a wafful that didn’t have enough batter so it had a bunch of square holes in it. It was kind-of like one of the shapes you see when you close your eyes and then press on them for a while.

DC=>RC ----------- interesting

got an LD on my 3rd night trying!! :tongue:

Waw ! Wonderful ! Congrats ! :thumbs:

And an interesting RC too ! What is very funny with your story, is that somebody suggest somewhere this kind of RC ( asking a DC to tell him he was dreaming ), but it seems that no one had done it !
If I remember well, I read this in the Inductions chapter of the Lucid Dreaming wikibook.

Congratulations on your LD! I recall mentions of an RC involving DCs a while ago, but like Basilus said I don’t think anyone really pursued it… so it’s good to know that someone made use of it! :good:

why wouldn’t anyone pursue it? It seems so easy, maybe it only works in the dream you are in or you usually don’t tell your DC to do this in ND 's. I wonder if it will work again?

ww3ace,
As you say, you meet the DC and ask her to help you in a ND. This could be not easy to reproduce…
In VILD technique, Pedro repeats visualizing a situation where a DC ask him to do a RC. But then, he enters in a WILD. I wonder if, visualizing the DC you met before sleeping, and asking her again to help you, it could not be effective.
I will try something like that and see if I can obtain some results. I have just posted any questions about inducing DC in dreams, and I hope someone can give me good tricks.
I wish you good luck in your further researches :smile:

I think the reason that people haven’t pursued it is that it can be hard to induce things like DCs and situations. At least it is for me… that’s why I’d never be able to do VILD :shy: It might be the sort of thing that seems easy to do once, but when you try it again it’s extremely difficult (sort of like lucid dreaming overall… :grin: )