Does this work?

Hey,

I red some time ago about some technique when someone goes to do some kind of method, and someone else wakes him up when the first person has fallen asleep.
I thought: is it helpful to wake yourself up during a REM-cyclus, and setting the alarm 5 min. after you woke up. In the meantime, you try any technique you like (MILD, WILD, whatever) probably falling asleep before te alarm goes off (I do). When the alarm goes off, you set the alarm to go of 5 min. later…etc. etc. You can repeat this as long as you like.
I know I’m not telling anything new here, but my question is:Does this work? Or is WBTB way more effective? (I hate being awake for 2-3 hours and returning to bed again :neutral: ).

Thanks in advance.

yeah, except for if you actually get an LD it will be really short, because the alarm will wake you in less than 5 minutes… And it’ll probably take a while to get there anyway (getting to sleep, getting in a dream, do an RC, realise its a dream, then your lucid, but then the alarm goes off… nooooo)

If this is what you meant… lol

Hehe, no, the purpose is not getting a long LD, but more practising WILD/MILD for excample. Because if you fail, you normaly fall asleep and you can do another try the next day. If you set the alarm, you can try WILM/MILD 15 min. later again (5 min. is a bit to short indeed, I guess :tongue: ).
And if you have succes with it, you can stop setting the alarm 15 min. later ofcourse. :content:

That will probably work. Just avoid counting the seconds :wink:

On the other hand, when it gets to the real thing you might worry a little about failure because you won’t have another try until next night.

Oh yeah, and this could annoy other people in the house too.

Yes, this can definantly be an effective way to practice. But you will be irritated if you become lucid and the alarm wakes you up 5 secods later.

Also be sure not to sleep deprive yourself.

Thnx for the reply, i’m going to give it a try.
But I will set the alarm to go off 15 mins. later.

And yes, i might be irritated if I become lucid and the alarm wakes me up, but as said, it’s only to practise, so my goal is becoming lucid, not being lucid for a long time. :smile:

hey If this works it could really bring up my competion rankings for August…

hehe wink

If you’re gonna try it as well, please let me know if it worked for you or not.
:smile: