OOBE techniques for LD?

I have been trying to do OOBE techniques to induce a WILD. I have not had one yet (atleast not with these new techniques). But I am able to get past many things Ive read you’ll experience. I first breath in deep through my nose and exhale through my mouth about 4 or 5 times. everytime letting my body just kind of drop down on the bed fully(in other words let my muscles relax). after that I make sure my eyes are really relaxed. I think I do the 3rd eye thing, it feels like my eyes are totally blind. I see no hypnagogic stuff, just blackness. I then try the 61 point meditation thing. I picture me touching every point with my finger ( I read this somewhere in this forum). I can feel my body get really relaxed and I black out for a very short time. I also hear like a harp sound, just strumed once. right before I black out, or come out of the black out(not really sure which). OK here is the problem!! :grrr:

I read that after this is when you “seperate”. but all that happens to me is I kind of wake up with the vibrations, and my heart is pounding, and I am breathing heavily. but nothing happens, I feel like I had just drunk a gallon of Coffee. I lay there and I can normally get back pretty quickly to the black out state, but then It happens again. After about the third time I just fall asleep. What am I doing wrong?

i dunno… i have the same problems…

they’re called myoclonic jerks, you’re falling asleep but it’s happening too fast (at least one theory) so your body sends you a huge jolt of adrenaline to wake you back up.

kind of a defense mechanism, like it thinks you’re dying or something.

perhaps one key is you do not have enough melatonin in your body yet because you just went from being awake to go into a deep tranceish level of sleep (for a split second) way too quiclkly… that’s just a theory I have.

But you’re falling aslee[, whereas I usually can’t (or I can but then I don’t remember how I did it) so… you’re doing okay, you should definitely end up waking up into an OBE or a WILD or an LD sooner or later.

Try using a MILD mantra after the second time you jolt awake, like “i will go into a dream and know that I am dreaming”

being lucid in your first REM kind of sucks though, I wake up real quick from it and can’t fall back asleep for an hour or two.

do you have a link to the 61 point meditation thing?

I got the 61 point technique from Stephen LaBerge’s world of lucid dreaming. I can try and get you a copy of the page if you want?

I have had what some people may call an OBE. Twice in one night, but It was just a WILD induced LD. I was in my room next to my bed. I walked downstairs, opened the door, and looked outside. then I woke up. and the next one I jumped in and out of my LD. I was in my room laying down, but the room was different, and I looked at the alarm clock. The wierd thing was when I looked at the alarm clock I looked at it with my real eyes I think it read 3:47, and I looked back at the room and I was back in the strange room. I woke up at 3:48. Those were my first LD’s ever. (actually, I ve only had 1 other since real short). I can try and get you a copy of the page if you want?

sure if it’s not too much work i’d like that.