Wow, I'm a failure

Hey. I’ve been trying to LD for awhile now… in the first week, I had two (in one of them, I was barely lucid, and I lost it, in the other one, I was lucid, but when I closed my eyes to change scenes, I woke up) anyway, since then, (about a month and a half after those) I’ve got nothing… every WBTB, MILD, WILD, and everything, and I haven’t even got close (no dream conversations about dreams or any such thing). I even stopped trying for a couple weeks, but nothing… Is this normal to have such a dry spell? I know it’s probably impossible to give me any tips that I haven’t read elsewhere in this forum, but it’s really getting frusterating… is there anyone else who’s having problems like this? well, sorry for my complaints, but I appreciate anything your willing to throw at me :smile:

Dry spells can be there if you stop trying for a bit. They can also come out of nowhere

Just keep your dream journal steady, and have a STRONG intention to have one. Hope that helps.

Also make sure you RC like no other.

THats what gives them to me, not that 8 LDs is something to speak of…

If you have not tried at least a year that has not been “a while.”

Dry spells are normal even for experienced LDers. I would try to not get frustrated, that can seem to only prevent them more.

Do you keep a dream journal? and are you very persistant about writing every detail about a dream as soon as you remember, even it that involves defeating the laziness of sleep and writing it down ASAP?
How is your dream recall?
Good dream recall should be your first priority.

when i first started lucid dreaming I did not keep a dream journal and I had more LD’s then then I do now that I keep a dream journal… go figure.

Hey. My dream recall is pretty good, I think… I usually remember 1 and a half dreams a night (one long dream and probably shards of another one [I say ‘shards’ because I’m not sure if I remember 95% or 5%]) .Is my dream recall good enough, or should I work on that some more? also I keep a dream journal as accurately as possible (although it gets annoying when I hand-write a full page of one dream at 3 in the morning :razz: ) Well, thanks for your responses, and even though I don’t post much, I lurk on these forums daily :smile:

Edit: Had to be rephrased because my poor grammer totally changes the meaning of sentences :razz:

wow Nic, we posted at the same time. :smile:
but there is little doubt about DJ/DD helping with dream recall.

A dream diary is like any diary. If you keep a diary of everyday during a school year, you will later read over that diary and remember things you have forgotten about. During that year of school you may remember everyday, but after a few weeks you can re-read over it and be reminded of things and ideas you forgot about.

Also, there is something about forming words and descriptions from your dreams that embed the memory futher into your brain. Once you try to describe the dream and decide what words to use you will find a flood of more memories of the dream flow through.
The act of picking up a keyboard, or pencil/paper and writing the words that really help with dream recall. Even if you never read the DJ/DD again.

I too get dryspells from time to time. They are annoying but if I get frustrated about them they will only last longer. One week I can get like 3 LDs and then I get none for 2 weeks then I get maybe another 2. I don’t think there’s much one can do about dryspells except wait them out and continue with practicing and reading about lucid dreaming.

And when I write down dreams I seem to remember more while I’m writing them :content: And I can usually remember most of the dreams for months after writing them down. I just have to read the beginning or a dream and I will remember the entire dream even if it’s long.

Look at ever’s list of LD’s in the sig (if they put them there). You’ll notice that the best of us have dryspells (for months sometimes).

As annoying as they are, just keep going for it.

Oh, and you realy should try each tech for at least 2 weeks (really should be longer though) before deciding it doesn’t work for you.

I agree with what DreamAddict said:

If you look at my signature you’ll see that I’m going through quite a dry spell myself right now. But I figure that I am trying to learn lucid dreaming not for the present necessarily but I am trying to develop a skill that will help me for the rest of my life. So I figure that I have some time.

Either way you should try not to get discouraged, I know that it’s hard (trust me) but a positive attitude will help you out a lot.

ypm.