Having a Lucid Dream while dreaming?

Hi, I’m new here, Iv’e always been interested in learning to control dreams, but recently I had a Lucid dream in which I was in a car with a friend, and realized I was dreaming because I remembered waking up earlier (It was a MILD). I asked him what it was to be a dream charactor etc., and he just said, what? It was so Vivid and Clear. I then woke up somehow, but I was really excited. Yesterday I looked for an explanation and read a bunch of stuff on lucid dreaming. Well anyway, last night I fell asleep, and I imaged going to sleep in the dream, and becoming Lucid (but I wasn’t really lucid, I just was dreaming I was) It was like I was a ghost, I noticed my mom looking in my room. (wasn’t my real room) then I woke up in the dream, and thought it was real. I told my dad about how I had a lucid dream and how I saw my mom. And then I think I woke up, but it sucked because it was just like my other dreams, like unconsciously watching a movie, having no control over it and then faintly remembering it afterwards.

well anyway, I was wondering has anyone had something like this happen to them?

Urgh, could you clarify a bit? I’m kindda confused…

Do you mean a FLD? In which, you act as if you’re lucid, but don’t actually know you’re dreaming.
If you do, I have, but only a few.

It sounds like a FLD indeed…
Do you mean your LD was like watching a movie? If so, then it was probably a tacit LD. It’s not uncommon, but pretty annoying :smile:

Yeah, I just looked it up…

Thats exactly what happened, I had a false awakening in which I had woke up from thinking I was Lucid.