Dream Recall while asleep

Last night I had an FA and I just laid there and remembered all of my other dreams that night, then my dad woke me up and I couldn’t remember them after that!! How frustrating!!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes it’s happened to me a few times. I can always seem to remember my dreams perfectly while I’m dreaming. But when I wake up I can only remember parts or them :cry: . A more frustrating thing is dreaming that you write down you dreams and then wake up and realise it was only a FA and now you can barely remember anything.

Everyone should do a RC when they wake up, then everyone would have much more LDs :grin:

All the time… I go through all the dreams in my head and write them down, and then I forget most of the dreams and realize that I haven’t even opened my eyes yet.
But I’m not sure it’s FAs I usually have or if I’m like half asleep and just imagining it.
When I was a going to school I used to stay in bed until the last minute every morning beleving that I was getting dressed, brushing my teeth etc, and then suddenly realizing that i hadn’t moved at all, and I had to hurry getting to school.

Hallstrom, I’ve been there. My parents would make me up for school, but I’d go right on sleeping, and then when they walk back in the room theyre all pissed off because im going to be late, and I’m laying in bed thinking “What? I’m dressed, I brushed my teeth…oh, wait…”

What I really hate though is when you wake up, you have SP and you can go right back into your dreams real easy, and right before you do, one of your parents walks in and wakes you up. You want to say something to them, explain what theyve just destroyed, but alas, you know they wont understand.

Well if this counts, just a couple nights ago I was dreaming about telling my friend about a dream I had had that same night.

I have experienced this too. It might be because the brain is still in the same “mode” when we are still asleep. Dreams might be in another “format” than normal thoughts and experiences. Maybe lucid dreams are closer to normal thinking than normal dreams. That could explain why lucid dreams are easier to remember, too.

Oh, and has anybody else noticed the fact that it’s easier to remember dreams from the past night just when we are going to bed again?

No, but I usually don’t think about the previous nights dreams when going to sleep. But I have noticed that my memory is much better than usual, and I’m more creative. Once when I had forgotten a password I remembered it while going to sleep that same night :cool: I think this is because when one goes to sleep one is much more relaxed than usual and the brain is in the alpha stage (I think) and there the brain works much better than usual. Thus ones memory and creativity is boosted. I made a post about thins a few months ago :cool: