“The only way to escape boredom is to escape reality…”-Me

Morpheus:

Morpheus:

Agent Smith:

Morpheus:

Neo:

-The Matrix-

Bob Marley:

This isnt exactly a ‘quote’ but rather a saying…or something.

Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a dream
Today is reality
…learn to deal with it

“Don’t assume what u don’t know”

Becuase ten billion year’s time is so fragile, so ephemeral…
it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heart breaking fondmess.
-Intro to Now and then, here and there

“I came to America because of the great, great freedom which I heard existed in this country. I made a mistake in selecting America as a land of freedom, a mistake I cannot repair in the balance of my lifetime.”
–Albert Einstein

“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” - Lao Tzu

“Dreaming is perceiving more than what we believe it is possible to perceive.” - Juan Matus

“Nature shows us only the tail of the lion. But I do not doubt the lion belongs to it even though he cannot at once reveal himself because of his enormous size.” - Albert Einstein

“There lies in dreams a marvelous poetry, and apt allegory, an incomparable humor, a rare irony. A dream looks upon the world in a light of strange idealism and often enhances the effects of what it sees by its deep understanding of their essential nature. It pictures earthly beauty to our eyes in a truly heavenly splendor…” - F.W. Hildebrandt

https://www.starstogether.tierranet.com/forever/dream04.htm

*Adress from given by Greyfyre

Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is mearly energy condensed through a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, life is only a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather.

Bill Hicks

I love that one, read it some days ago on a drug forum, but I think it also fits in here :smile:

Traumgänger

“We must be the change we wish to see in the world.” -Gandhi

I love that one. I hate it when people say… yeah that sucks but thats the way the world is. F-ing lazy people

Abrickinthewall… nice quote. Fabulous. There are some CDs of Noam Chomskeys narratives about Democracy and American Freedom… how its merely a system of control like everything else… want to pick those up.

Sounds good Lostboy. Maybe we could get a thread going on the subject. I wonder if there are any conservative types here… :eh:

Here is a lyric from a great rapper named 2pac(may he RIP)

“only god can judge me, nobody else, so all you other m****** get out my bussiness”

Here’s my favorite quote…

And my own favorite quote…

Thats Great DM7! :content: thank u !

“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” --Edgar Allan Poe

“He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.” --Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

“I can’t remember to forget you.” --Memento (LOVE that movie!)

“Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best thing. And a good thing never dies.” --Shawshank Redemption

“When Hell freezes over, I will snowboard there too.”

“I’d much rather make people think I am insane than admit I made a mistake.”

“I live in my own little world. But it’s okay. . .they know me here.”

“Yesterday is history…
Tomorrow is a mystery…
Today is a gift”

These are my favorite quotes, all of which come from video games.

“What did i tell you?! Forget the goddam sharks, and keep the camera on the poontang!”~Tommy Vercetti

“There are no choices. Nothing but a straight line. The illusion comes afterwards, when you ask ‘Why me?’ and ‘What if?’. When you look back and see the branches, like a pruned bonsai tree, or forked lightning. If you had done something differently, it wouldn’t be you, it would be someone else looking back, asking a different set of questions.” ~Max Payne

“Strike Hot Iron And Call Forth Sparks
Strike A Man And Call Forth Fury
To Shape Man Or Metal To Thy Will
Thou Must Strike With Force” ~Collected Sermons of Karras

“Without a touch of weirdness, life would be boring”

Of course, shamans also do other things besides making journeys to nonordinary reality. Some of these things may be thought to be rather strange to most people in our culture, such as talking with plants, animals, and all of nature. It sounds neurotic or deranged, of course, from the perspective of much of Western psychology. Nevertheless, our ancestors did it and managed to survive for 3 million years, whereas in the “civilized” countries of the world today, where people don’t talk with the planet and its inhabitants, we are faced with the possibility of nuclear destruction and ecological catastrophe. From these facts we may draw our own conclusions about which cultural assumptions are the saner.

• Michael Harner

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

• Umberto Eco

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously.

• Hubert Humprey

As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand.

• Josh Billings

The power of music to integrate and cure. . . is quite fundamental. It is the profoundest nonchemical medication.

• Oliver Sacks

You only see the tree by the light of the lamp. I wonder when you would ever see the lamp by the light of the tree.

• Chesterton