Weird things in dreams that happen in real life the next day

Title has been modified to fit without truncation.

okay, so, this might be stretching it a little, maybe not enough:

i’ve been noticing something random and not big that’s in a dream, the next day something about it happens. One night, i dreamt my best friend bought a thing of cheese for $17 because she ‘didnt like most cheese’. so the next day, in real life, we’re driving by this pizza place and she says “They have the worst cheese ever.”

then, a few nights later, i dream something about an alligator. i dont remember much about it, just the image still in my head of it. so that night, or the next night, in real life, i’m hanging with my friends, and my bud starts talking about picking up his car topper from a mountain man with an alligator head on his front porch.

i know these are totally random, and chaos theory both proves and disproves that the likeliness of this happening, although very rare, could still happen. i just think its weird that it happened with 24 hours for each.

anyone ever get anything like this? what is this, the conscious and unconscious worlds colliding or transferring data or what…!

Seems to me that there is a Carl Gustav Jung’s anecdote about synchronicity. He had a dream which emphasizes about fishes ; the same day, he goes walking and found a dead fish on a little wall.

It’s rather common that I don’t remember a dream and then somebody tells me something. And this thing was in the dream and suddenly I remember it. And I wonder : “but why did he speak just about this thing ?”
Sometimes, it’s very weird.

This always happens to me. I dream frequently of things, which symbolically seem to represent what happens the next day, or a week later. It’s a huge mystery to me.

For instance, I had a dream where I walked into a pets mart, there were kittens in a basket at the entrance. I walk to the back of the store, and there is a section of the store that looks just like Costco, but it only has fruit. I look at one stand, the fruit is very cheap, but kind of soggy.

One week later from this dream.

I am going with a friend to drop off my sister to the animal shelter (she has a volunteer job there). When we arrive, I say, “I had a dream last week, and this kind of reminds me of it, except it was a pets mart, and they sold fruit in a costco looking place.” At which point I glance over next to the Animal shelter, and there is a Costco right there. “Man, this is always happening to me, see what I mean?”. We enter the Animal shelter just to take a look around. It felt sort of like walking into the Pets Mart in my dream, and there were cats in cat trees all around the entrance. Later when we come back to pick my sister up, my friend wants to go into the Costco, randomly, the only reason he gave for going in was that I had a dream about it, and we might as well. So we all go into the Costco. My sister and mom, go a different direction, me and my friend go look at computer stuff. After a little while we decide, It’s time to go to the fruit, to see if anything significant happens since I had a dream about it. When we arrive there, we get there at the same time as my mom and sister, which is strange, because they didn’t know we were going to the fruit anyway, and why were we?? For some reason, near the regular fruit section they have a giant fruit refrigerator, and we all go into it. It’s extremely cold, and there is fruit everywhere, fruit fruit fruit.

This is just a recent example. These dream/real life connections have happened with me so many times that I always think about the dream the previous night and what it might say about whats going on in the future. If I have a dream where someone in my family is really mad about something, most often the next day they aren’t in a good mood.

It all seems like a stretch, but these dreams give me Deja Vu all the time.

Once I had a dream but the only part I can remember is this:

someone said to me:“prepare youself for the tremor”(or something like that). Then I woke up and a tremor started.

That has been my first and only time in which I have experienced that kind of dream.

Saturday I had a dream about running into a castle guarded by snipers, and that night some people told me about how jeruselum is guarded by snipers.

Maybe the tremor had started before you woke up, and it was that which caused you to wake?

Last night, I dreamt about not becoming a jorunalist, as before I had went asleep, I was thinking about how hard a career it would be. In my dream, I followed anti-terrorism instead. When I woke up, my Mum told me that in Iraq, terrorists were holding a journalist hostage, threatening to behead him. Thats the only time something like that has happened to me.

I like to call this deja vu

it’s pretty rare for me to get deja vu, but when it happens, i see things exactly the same way. im guessing i see these things in my dreams, but im not sure. but things are so presisely identical that it scares me.every move from every person is just like i remember it, even my thoughts are the same!

the most recent ones are usually longer than the first ones, so now it usually lasts for 10 seconds or more.

i wonder if there is any way to induce that sort of thing…

I don’t know but I tested it to see if it was just my mind playing tricks on be and it wasn’t! :eek:

Do you want to say that you said to yourself: “And now this or that will happen”, and it happened? If so, that’s cool :bored: … I never had deja vu… Even don’t know what it is like. If it seems to me that I have already seen something, it usually means I really have seen it long time ago. But my mother once had a very weird deja vu. We were watching a detective film on TV, and she suddenly said: “Doesn’t all this resemble something? This guy with his collection of stamps and everything…” And in a minute she said: “I don’t know where I saw all this, but the murderer is that boy’s father”. And he really was! Certainly, she could have seen it somewhere before, but she didn’t remember anything else from the film. Neither the main hero line, nor the scene when they found that that man was the murderer… Only the man himself… And, in any case, it was a premiere! Nothing to do with dreams, but I still wonder, how she knew that.