Novice Dreamers need LD mentors!

The sealife page will be up again shortly

El Gordo, I think that idea could definitely be considered. :smile: A lot of members make sure our “intro” forum doesn’t go unanswered, but a lot of regular questions can be answered personally. The people that prefer to learn that way could have a process to find people to help directly. Much like a tutor for lucidity. (pssst, teacher sounds too domineering. ) :wink:

I’m not having the time to practise LDing now.
But next month i will.
I came to this forum by a friend. He gave me some great tips to help recall my dreams. But also by reading the forum and site, i took up a lot of things.
It can be very helpfull if you are assisted by one with the same interests. But it should stay a mixture, not ask all your questions by pm or stuff.
Others want to learn too from your questions and the answers.
That’s what a forum is for.
Maybe give very experienced LD practicers a ‘place’ (forum) of their own.
Each with their speciality or so?
Just a thought.

lucidity tutors…does sound kind of interesting. also gives you a personal conection with some1 on the forum. kool idea, mayb a little unrealistic tho. but wut do i noe? :wink:

It sounds like a good idea, but not really helpful to me. I don’t think a lucidity tutor would be able to help me much now, and I’m not good/experinced enough to be one :razz:.

I supose a thread/extra forum could be opened in which new LD’ers could request for a tutor and any experinced LD’ers who haven’t already got a student could take them under their wing?

Personally, I just don’t see the point of this. How hard can it be, just read a couple of tutorials and browse the forum some. And from that point on, it’s mostly practice that will make you better.

Some people new to lucid dreaming have a lot of the same questions. Like “how real is it?” “what is it like?” “can you really do anything?”
People like personal answers, and not everyone reads or is satisfied with a similar question/thread/tutorial by someone else.
I think it would be helpful to create a means for people that prefer to learn this way to be able to.

Thanks DreamAddict, good point. I have noticed that things that work for some may not work for others, for example, I have had 3 ld’s and 2 were WILD’s when I first fell asleep(not WBTB). Which I have read is real uncommon, But for the life of me I cannot DILD. I really don’t need an mentor (or coach) now myself, I am no expert (at all) but I am coming along. I just think for the newer people that come along, it might be helpfull. I don’t know about you guys, but the only people I discuss LD with is the people in this forum. So I don’t have a person I can try certain things with, or learn from. (My friends don’t get into these types of things.)

PS. if this doesn’t make much since forgive me, I’ve had a few beers! :wink:

I had a LD tutor, two friends who have had LDs their entire lives,

both, erm, kinda wierd people.

Perhaps it would be helpful. Especially since so many people seem to want it. I just do not want to see it go the way of the adoptions section from another site. Where people sign up to get adopted and never get any replies. It can lead to hurt feeling. But, we could always try it out and if it does not work then Q can always stop it.

Now that I think about it I think the problem here on LD4all would be the opposite. Every one would want to adopt new people.

haha, i can just see some1 introducing themselves on the forum, already a bit freaked out by some of the weird stuff some ppl associate with LDing, and then being asked if he would like to, “join the family?”. lol haha :wink: :content:

hmm seems like a good idea, alot of it i think would help both sides tuts and students alike, but instead of the forum u could always trail the chat room out have a session time and get a whole group of people in there to answer questions although that is a little less personal it is quicker, but also could be harder i dont know just throwing a few things into the air :wink:

I think that would be best. With setting up a time. I have been to the chat room a few times, and there is never a discussion on LD.

really? hmm everytime that i am in there there is ussaly a talk of dreaming lol

I know some people want a setup like this since this topic keeps popping up I just don’t know if it is needed. There are always plenty of talented people on the forum every day who can answer a question. If a member feels a connection to another member they could always send that person an instant message. I don’t think there has to be a structured program for that. (Just my thoughts)

holy cow: i have the exact same situation!

really wierd… people yeah

Umm ok…

Anyway I think that this would be a good Idea, also maybe Q can add a feature in our profiles that says if we are a tutor or a student and who is our tutor or student, also maybe the student could have different levels too.

i don’t know just some random ideas…

Nothing wrong with that. That is how things get put into action, someone throws out an idea and everyone discusses it.

It is a good idea. I like the idea of giving people (especially new people) a personal connection to someone. I am just not sure how it would work in practice. We have so many members. Some are on line all the time while other people only come on once in a while. It might be hard for tutor and student to connect.

Anyway, it is something to think about. If you have more thoughts on it feel free to share.

I think not every one needs a mentor, or wants one. I guess seting people up by request. But let them know the option is there.

I just wanted to point something out incase you guys didn’t know (I read the posts and didn’t see it mentioned if it was sorry), the Dream View forum has a system like this setup up on their forum. I think that they call it adoption.

I’m not involved in it, but I think that in general it’s a good idea for beginners.

I was involved in sealife (before when I was able to visit, sheesh) for a while and what I liked about it is the “dream team” aspect. It’s nice to interect with people on a one-on-one basis, plus it helps with your intention.

Anyways…

ypm.

But why aren’t they satisfied? Isn’t “Can I practice chess” and “Can I practice music” the same question when the answer is “You can do anything”?

Isn’t “What’s the best technique” and “What’s the easiest technique” etc pretty much the same question, especially considering there shouldn’t be straight answers?

Isn’t “Will this work” and “Will that work” the same question when the answer to both is “maybe”?

I find it strange that people want personal answers even though there are plenty of threads out there which answer them perfectly well.

…Sometimes even with appropriate titles.