What Are Your Psychological Incongruencies?

When dreaming, one can get involved with many activities that are beyond abnormal patterns of behavior for that individual. Way beyond. Far enough beyond the scope of what one normally does that the conclusion must be that it must be a dream. This is something i call a “Psychological Incongruency.”
I had thought of this concept months ago and about a week ago temporarily forgot some of my own examples and asked my mind for another. The experience i got was:
I had helped Eddie Haskal and Lumpy Rutheford (from Leave it to Beaver) steal thousands of dollars from someone who needed it more than us and then i let them trick me and take all the money for themselves. :cry: When i woke up i had to really convince myself it was a dream so strongly that hopefully next time i will realize it earlier and become lucid.That was my mind’s way of showing me an example so i would know i was dreaming. There were too many things wrong with that picture. Not only would i never steal anything but if i was hanging with those two dudes and they looked the same as they did 40 years ago i would be asking them what their diet was, not stealing money with them.

I figured i would start thread of other examples of “psychological incongruencies” so the chances of noticing that it is really a dream increase.

Other examples:

1. half way through a cigarette but i gave up smoking 8 years ago
  2. yelling meanly at someone for something minor when i am always peaceful
  3. driving a bike all crazy through traffic that belongs to someone else
  4. working a type of job of which my politics do not agree with

I’m sure I’ve had other incongruencies, but because you mention it I am reminded of one dream in which I too was stealing money. I was at Snoop Dog’s house and the police raided us. When Snoop ran to hide I grabbed his stacks of cash and jumped out the window into a lake. I would never steal Snoops money! Afterwards I had to hide at my house because I was afraid he’d figure out I took his cash. Very strange dream, as many of them tend to be.

Another incongruency I’ve been having quite often is whenever I’m driving a car in my dream I can never control it. I’m an excellent driver, I’ve never hit anything. I’m sort of concerned this could have a deep psychological meaning behind it, but I remind myself, next time I’m driving an uncontrallable vehicle, I must be dreaming.

Absolutely true. It seems that our brain somehow isn’t able to mimic the real word either concerning visuals or even tendencies/morals etc etc etc etc etc…

I think that is what makes dreams special. The artistic and surreal differencies from the real world. If they didn’t exist, our Lucid dreams wouldn’t be such surprising journeys!

This is gonna be a helpful topic I think :smile: I’m always missing obvious signs in my dreams like:

Shouting and being confident with people I don’t know well.
Scenery changing constantly
Being at school (I left 7yrs ago!)
Feeling happy
Things out of context (I once dreamt of a cybercafe on the downs :tongue: )
Meeting a celebrity

I may have had one but I don’t fully understand the concept.

One of my dreams involved me, four other women, a man, and a goat in bed together yet I’m a virgin.

Does that count?

That does count if you would not normally do those things in your everyday waking life. Being that you are a virgin it makes it hard to know for sure. So therefore only you can answer whether or not it counts.

PD

Monsters running about,chasing you,eating your goldfish,so on so forth…
Jumping over helicopters on a skateboard.
Meeting with your dead grandparents.
Seeing an old friend you have not seen in a long time.
Your dog talking to you(yes it has happend to me)
Disarming a nuke in a toy store.
Seeing someone who has an extra limb like a arm.
Seeing hell(that one still freaks me out)
People flying,not on airplanes.