Favorite Bands

for ambient maniacs, I recommend the great cd :

Adham Shaikh “Journey to the Sun”

Radiohead, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, Coldplay, The Velvet Underground, The Flaming Lips, The Explosion, and, even though I never listen to them anymore, Strike Anywhere

everyone should check out Ill Mitch.

www.illmitch.com

another favorite of mine is phish.

not a band for much longer :sad:
the grateful dead are still the better jam band though

Ah, I had to post in here because my main love is music. :grin:
In no particular order:

Radiohead
PJ Harvey
The Mars Volta
Beck
The Flaming Lips (haha, i accidentally typed the flaming lisp)
The Beatles
Pink Floyd
Rasputina
The Smiths
Auf Der Maur
The Kills
Franz Ferdinand
Queens of the Stone Age
The Pixies
Sleater-Kinney
The Cure
Portishead
Sonic Youth

Yeah, there is a whole lot more but my brain isn’t operating correctly this evening.

i thought i would answer this while i had some time to kill:

At the moment my favourites are Shpongle, The Shamen, Hallucinogen, Portishead, Pink Floyd, Beth Orton, Infected Mushroom, ehm… cant think of what else I like at the moment:)

hi waterstar! I still listen to some Infected Mushroom since you got me to listen to some of them.

I get into “moods” where I obsess about a particular artist for a few months (maybe a year, and usually female.) Recently I’m all about Janis Joplin. She didn’t make enough albums or songs because I listen to them all over and over. I love them all.
God Bless you Janis!
Janis Joplin LIVES!

two good positive songs (they were all positive blues in my opinion) would be “Try” and “Get it while you can”
Two great songs to spend your time on.

wow. there’s alot of people with similar taste in music to me here. cool. :cool:

anyway, my favourite bands: Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Opeth, Dream Theater, King Crimson, Led Zeppelin, Queens of the Stone Age, Neil Young, Do Make Say Think, Of Montreal, Sonic Youth…and a lot more. :content:

mine too :smile:
I like most of the bands you mentioned especcialy Radiohead, Beck, Portishead and Sonic Youth.

TOOL!!, Led Zeppelin, Floyd, anything with Chris Cornell’s vocals, Alice in Chains, A Perfect Circle, and The Eagles. I guess that kinda sums it up, although I love so many other bands… Just not nearly as much as these :smile:

I think Led Zeppelin is one of the best bands in history. Just curious is their any Mike Patton fans. Mike Patton is the singer of Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, Tomahawk. I didn’t really like Faith No More, but Mr. Bungle and Tomahawk are awsome groups. For people looking for something different in music, check Mr. Bungle out. Heh.

A quick look through my record and mp3 collection reveals:
Tool (obviously, nearly everyone that listens to them thinks they’re awesome. Me included), The Mars Volta, At the Drive-In, Berg Sans Nipple, Nirvana (I used to be into them a lot, I have a lot of CDs), Beatles, The Locust (they’re … weird), Godspeed you! Black Emperor (some mp3s), Turbostaat (german punk), North of America.

Well, just a quick look. I don’t mind listening to other types of music (for example what I call “quality hip hop”) but I just don’t buy that type of stuff. Any creative and innovative music is acceptable for me, though. I don’t like people that just listen to “their” kind of music and don’t recognize the talent of other musicians that just approach music differently.

Placebo, HIM, Shpongle, S-Range, all of Simon Posfords compilations, Cradle of FIlth, Yahel, Sizzla, all fo them are great bands.
But if I have to choose a band that I like more then anything else it have to be Insane Clown Posse, and their brotherband Twiztid. :content:

Oohh I just listened to Zilent Zpott - World of Zilence. He’s really incredible!! Breathtaking chillout… same as Conjure One actually. Her voice… aaaaaahhhhh… Heaven :grin:

All who read this got to get some CDs with ANGEL TEARS, P.S.O.I., VIBRASPHERE, THREE POINT TURN and S-RANGE.

They are all very, very good chill-out-psytrance. :smile: Enjoy!

Thousand Foot Kruch and Audioslave all the way baby!

You people should take a listen to The Dresden Dolls if you have never heard their music. It is really interesting. From listening to it mostly the music is piano, drums and a little bass guitar. They are really impressive. I suppose the instrumentals is a bit like old Ben Folds Five, but their group isn’t anything like Ben Folds Five. Just check it out if you can download music.

AFI - All Out War - Anti-Flag - Arch Enemy - As I Lay Dying - Beyond The Embrace - Bleeding Through - Blood Has Been Shed - Cannibal Corpse - Chimaira - Deicide - Devildriver - Dimmu Borgir - Fear Factory - Glass Casket - God Forbid - Haste the Day - Hatebreed - Heaven Shall Burn - In Flames - Iniquity - Killswitch Engage - Lamb of God - Machine Head - Meshugga - Metallica - Mudvayne - Mushroomhead - NoFX - Opeth - Rise Against - Sepultura - Slipknot - Soulfly - Spineshank - Stone Sour - System of a Down - Throwdown - Tool - Unearth - Vehemence

PHEW! … Well, what can I say? Music is my life! :cool:

Linkin Park
Sum 41
Blink 182
Marilyn Manson
Saliva
H.I.M.
C.K.Y.
Rob Zombie
SR-71
Eminem
Adema