Is this an induced LD?

Yesterday I went to sleep at 12:00 AM, I woke up for some reason at 5:00AM and decided to try to get a dream.

I was oh so tired, so I just closed my eyes and repeated to my self I was dreaming until HI kicked in and then I started to do math. All I did was , 4+5=9, 9+7=16, 16+9=25, 25+11=36, 36+13=49 etc

Well, when I got to 121 I was hit with SP. And I managed to get to like 256 and all of a sudden it felt as if I was in a black “void” that I was in before when ever my LD’s would fade.

I was just standing there thinking… "is this what WILDs are like? Where did I go wrong, I’m supposed to be dreaming. Well, next thing I know BAM my alarm goes off and I have to get ready for school, so I didn’t get to go any farther.

I don’t even know if it was a dream or not, I am not considering it a LD because I wasn’t even sure if I was doing it right.

How close was I on that WILD attempt?

This is just a theory, but it sounds like you might not have been attempting at just the right time. The black void, as you described, may in fact be an NREM sleep cycle, which still allows consciousness (lucidity, in fact), but you won’t experience any visuals, sounds or other sensations, which only occur in the REM cycle. Personally, I don’t think WILD can just be attempted any time you find yourself laying awake in bed throughout the night. As mentioned in Exploring the World of lucid Dreaming, REM cycles occur at fairly consistent intervals, every 90 minutes after sleep onset. This is just a theory, of course, but you might find it easier to enter a dream if you time your WILD attempt to match this 90-minute frequency. I usually set an alarm for what I predict will be 6 hours after falling asleep (the beginning of the fourth REM cycle), to ensure my mind is still in the required state to enter a dream. Might be worth looking into.

I agree fully with Atheist: it’s much more efficient (in my case) to practice WILD after you woke up from a dream cycle.
In any case, you seem to have the skill to WILD, because you clearly remained conscious even after you might have entered NREM sleep. If you keep at it, and if you organize your WILD attempts according to your sleep/REM cycles, you can become a good WILDer :smile:

You should also do RC every day…that way after you do a WILD and are dreaming…you can double check. but then again…u may already know that.

I am going to say that I am a GREAT WILDer. Yep, that’s right, I am.

Actually I only say that because the only way I’ve ever induced an LD was from WILD.

Here’s my last two experiences.

I woke up at 4:30AM from another dream. I decide to do a WILD. I close my eyes and don’t do math or anything, I just stay consious. I experience HI almost immeadiatly and go into SP almost immeadiatly after that. Then I start hearing the HS. That was very very very unsettling and almost awoke me. Mainly because I heard a voice sort of like a demon. If demons were real and they could talk then I’d classify it as demon speak. I heard what I describe as high pitched TV snow. Well, all of a sudden the sound sort of did a crescendo then came to a sudden and complete stop. Next thing I know I’m in a void like thing. It occurs to me I have my eyes closed so I just open them and BAM, I had an FA and I had the most intense dream of my life.

And here’s what happened lastnight.

I awoke at 5:00am, I had tons of dreams this night. I had 3 Lucid moments in which I told my self I was dreaming but awoke immeadiatly. I noticed I have more control in my non lucid dreams which is pretty cool.

Well, anyway, I awoke. I didn’t get to log any of the dreams I had and I can only remember becoming lucid and waking up and a fragment from an ND.

I go to do a WILD and it totally sucked. I managed to get HI, SP and HS but for some reason it just seemed to last for EVER. Last time I tried a WILD I literally went into a dream in about 5 minutes from closing my eyes. I was in SP alone for like 15 minutes and man it sucked. I got bored and I tried to wiggle my toe. Well, instead of coming to an abrupt stop everything faded. I opened my eyes and to my dismay, I was not dreaming.

I find it alot easier to stay consious after the onset of SP. For some reason when I get SP I like don’t need to keep telling my self “I’m dreaming” or I don’t do math or what ever. I just concentrate on everything else.

If you want to hear what I heard then listen to the song “One of These Days” by the band Pink Floyd. The voice in that song is what I heard. Also in last nights SP I could of sworn I heard the sounds I were hearing before. And today I found out what it was. It was the begining of the song “Magic Carpet Ride” by Steppenwolf.

I am going to attempt a WILD tonight, I will post my results when I do it.

Actually so called “void” can be easily shaped into whatever you want to.

All you need is a clear image in mind (you may want to think about it before and keep it as your emergency flotation device in case you’ll end in “void”).

Focus on your image and you will enter it while being fully aware… It may take a while to stabilize, but it only takes seconds…