lucid dreams and self improvement...

I’ve come across many claims of this on this message boards and in some reading I’ve done on lucid dreams. Note that I have not yet had a lucid dream of my own, so I can’t really share any experiences of my own. But I think it would be fun to hear what some of you have done to improve yourself in your sleep. I’ve run across many instances of improving creatively, spiritually, socially, and mentally, but when we’re talking about dreams with boundaries limited only by peoples’ wildest imaginations that leaves for possibilities straining our imaginations. One thing I haven’t run across yet that I think may be possible is improving athletically. I’m talking about athletic technique here; you’d still obviously have to get in physical shape, but the idea of possibly training in my sleep during off seasons is very appealing. Maybe your subsonscious could teach you how to throw a baseball down the plate better than learning from someone else? I think you would still have to know how to do it, but if you couldn’t do what you know you should be doing then it could be a great idea.

I kinda rambled on a lot about athletic improvement, but really I would like to hear about ANY improvements you’ve made by practicing lucid dreaming.

I think you could you can definitely use lucid dreaming to help improve your skills in a sport. I think you would have to at least have the basics and of course you will still need to train in the real world. If you combine real life training with training in lucid dreaming you will see your skills improve much more quickly than with just training in RL.

I used to use just simple visualization to improve my skills with martial arts and it worked.

The only problem with me is there are so many other things I want to do in my lucid dreams that I never get around to practicing martial arts while lucid. :lmao:

i recall reading somewhere about a woman(notsure about this) that had problems with performing a difficult move within the field of figure skating. she got lucid one time, and tried the move again there. she succeded, and the next time she tried the move irl, she did it perfectly.

the point is that u can definately improve on techniques. i don’t know about wether you can increase muscle mass in dreams, but techniques are most definately possible to learn in dreams.

personally, i thought of trying to learn to skate on rollerblades, since i havent learned it in all my 17 years of life. i have tried once or twice, but never succeded. i have convinced myself to try it in a ld, once i have enough practice with ld’s to get full control and such. if i make it, i’ll see if i get it right irl the next day or something. if i do, im buying rollerblades…

Hi,

I’ve not tried it myself, but you might be interested in this article I found.
spiritwatch.ca/applications_ … ming_i.htm

I would think baseball could be a good thing to practice in an LD, since you can slow down time in the dream in order to perfect your swing or whatever.

Actually, the sport I had in mind was hockey. Baseball was just the example I gave because it seemed easier. See, I can skate like the wind and I’m faster than anybody my age that I know. However, I can’t do anything fancy at all when it comes to the stick. I was thinking maybe I could change that.

Cool article, I like it. But so far this topic isn’t what I intended…

FixingFlare, if you have a hobby such as a sport, I bet you might already dream about it at times. Some people claim this is one of many reasons for dreams. That during sleep our brains process what we have learned during that day.
There was once a study done that tested people on a certain activity. I’m not sure of the specifics of the testing, but it proved that after a nights sleep that the people performed the activity better.

Normal dreams can help us with waking life skills, and I think LD s can too. I remember in the past I was trying to learn the piano, and I had a LD where I played my piece perfectly. The next day I had a noticable difference of improvment on the part I thought was difficult.