Will This Work?

ok…its now the weekend so i can start tryin stuff again. i want to see if the method im going to try will work. here it is…

i wake up about 4 1/2 hours after i fall asleep. i stay awake for no longer than like 3 minutes…then i try and fall asleep by counting up to a number. and im going to say to myself…when i say a certaiin number (like 150) i will do a reality test. then hopefully, ill be dreaming and ill realize i am. does this sound logical? and…another thing…i need help on being really tired when i wake up. sounds weird…i know… but when i wake up in the middle of the night, sometimes im not that tired. like my eyes shoot up and i cant go back to sleep. so is there like a way to make u very tired either b4 u ever sleep, or after u wake up? hehe…so yeah…need some input on this before i go to bed. thanks!!

Try reading. Read something that is not super exciting but informative like a dictionary or encyclopedia.
PD

you can change your method a bit.

-wake up after 4.5 hours,
-try not to move excessively
-turn off alarm
-relax, and try to fall asleep again.
-Count, or otherwise maintain your consciousness
-wait approximately 5 min (being conscious, look for various sleep onset thingies)
-or count till 100 3-4 times
-if after that you are not feeling like you are falling asleep, get up, browse forums for 15 min or something and go back to bed

This little change in your method almost doubles your chances of lucidity, as you can fall back asleep during these 5 min, and have a WILD

thx

I don’t see why it would not work. You are basically just doing WBTB which many people find effective.

As for getting back to sleep:

After you wake up try not to move around too much. Just try a simple breathing meditation. That should help you get relaxed enough to fall back to sleep.

hio u may want to look at the HILD tec… it is a bit like this…

tried the hild…but i couldnt go to sleep tapping fingers.

U dont have to do the finger thing. it is jus a way to stay “a wake”

then what do you do?

When i succed whit the HILD i just lay down and after some sec i did a RC.

how can you perform a RC if you are laying inbed with your eyes closed?
do you open them or something :confused:

Jup i did but u don have to… some people like the nose RC

no…u do a nose test…[hold your nose shut and try and breathe]

late to put this…but after i plug those in to my method…should i still do a RC? or r u saying not to do one…

well, when I fall in a dream via WILD, I dont need a RC :happy:
It may be a good idea to do it after 5 min tho

hehe ok. i hope this works. i havnt had one in forever! i excited.

Why not do a RC just to enjoy the sight/feeling of a positive RC? :cool:

wait…Ev…can u explain exactly what you do :smile: it would help me. or is what u do the list that u gave me up top.

The list on top was almost the same thing I did before to achieve WILD.
basically every time you wake up in the middle of a dream and fall back asleep you will have a WILD.

Thing here is to become as conscious as you can during short time you are awake and relax completely as you are falling back to sleep…

That’s how I got most of my WILDS. (just dont feel like laying there awake for 30+ minutes) :smile:

thx Ev