I think music is what helped me get my first LD

Last night I had my first LD… well I posted it on the dream diary forum if you’d like to read it.

But anyway, usually right when I go to bed I pretty much say a little line to my self 50 times, then I drift into sleep a bit later.

Well last night I was listening to Led Zeppelin(while trying to sleep), nothing hard, but their more mellow songs. I had programmed my CD player to play these 4 songs: Black Mountain Side, The Rain Song, Over the Hills and Far Away, and Stairway to Heaven. I listen to them 3 times then I end up falling asleep 5 minutes or so later.

Well last night in my lucid dream, I closed my eyes and didn’t think of anything but a setting started to appear. I was on stage in an empty auditorium and infront of me was a dual neck guitar… the same exact one Page played for Led Zeppelin… when I picked it up the dream faded :confused:

I didn’t play any hard rock songs like Dazed and Confused or Black Dog but like I said, their more mellow songs. Black Mountain Side is just an acoustic guitar and some precussion(not drums), hell there is not even lyrics. The Rain Song, is a mellow song and it features some violins and what not, Over the Hills and Far away is actually a very beautifully done acoustic song with a… electric guitar riff, and Stairway to Heaven is the greatest song ever, it starts with acoustic guitar and a flute.

Listening to this music actually made me have a lucid dream. Now it started with me in an ocean because I wasn’t lucid when it started, but when I became lucid I ended up on a stage with a guitar.

that’s quite interesting. i’ve never actually tried listening to music to go to sleep. old blue jam comedy series yes, but not music. blue jam tell stories and things, and i thought perhaps my subconscious will be thinking about those stories, so if i dream about them i’ll recognise them. a long shot, but worth a try nonetheless…

alot of the songs from radioheads album kid A helps me… how to disappear completely, tree fingers, motion picture for a movie, and others that i cant think of right now… anyway, theyre very mellow with hypnotic sounds. i suggest checking it out

very interesting…im afraid if i use music…ill wake up.

I had a few sleep paralysis experiences while listening Theatre of tragedy cd “aegis” during afternoon nap.

I don’t listen to music anymore, it just won’t seem to work for me.

Instead I just set my alarm to a song and just wake up to it so I can have an easy WILD.

It may have had some reason why I dreamt about the guitar but I am finding that my dreams have some sort of relationship with what I did earlier in the day.

For example. I watched the movie Starsky and Hutch. Amy Smart was in it. Later that night I had a lucid dream where I porked Amy Smart.

Weird it is but I’m still making some observations before I form a hypothesis.

In tonights lucid dream I’m going to see if there are any relationships with what I did today.