poem technique

Hey! Don’t start changing the poem yet. I bet my insurence card there is somone here with a better poem.

Hi folks,

I just thought of something, you know that people say there is a method on here that counting in odd number intervals and paying attention to your breathing, is good for inducing OBE and LD as you can slip into any of those 2 experiences from the breathing and counting. So i then thought of breath in and say a line of the poem and breath out and say the next line of the poem, as you fall asleep and doing this on your back so you slip into sleep paralysis.

But then i thought we should make a poem that is 100 or even 200 lines now its like a lucid dream story in the poem, and whats supposed to happen is that you will be so tired and engaged by the time you hit the 80th line or even 180th line, that you will enter the hynogogic imagery and have a lucid dream or you will fall asleep and your brain will be more active which would allow you to have a lucid dream, its just a thought. Anyway i tried saying the poem to myslef last night but did not lucid dream. I will keep trying, i have not yet fully memorised it, just the first half.

Happy Lucid Dreaming

wow this sounds extremely cool!

nice poem ampout what do you mean you can’t write poems?!

anyway can anyone besides me play the guitar, or maybe snother musical instrument, but i was just thinking we could write some chords down that could go along with the song and it would be even cooler.

i like the idea of the really long poem that you are supposed to fall asleep of in the middle, sounds cool.

anyway i was thinking maybe we could make it like a long poem song such as American Pie, which is considered to be one of the best symbolistic poems ever writtin.

yeah so keep it up, i can’t write songs yet i’m still working on that skill but yeah this should work, becuz i fall asleep all of the time singing a song, then i dream about the song, and wake up still singing the song.

THis Makes Me Excited!

We could use two poems:
One short one to memorize during daytime, and one long story-like one to use when falling asleep.

I’ll think about it when I am bored in school next time
I don’t know wether I’ll manage to write in english, though (or anything at all, for that matter :wink: )

tapir

Nice idea! I’ll use this one:

ld4all.com/forum/?https://www.ld4 … php?t=6748

:cool:

Wow siiw that is a nice poem, it works really well if you just use the chords G D C2 with an occational hammer-on with the second finger while strumming the d chord.

I also tried E B A but G D C2 sounds better :cool_laugh:

I don’t play the guitar…could you explain the finger thing to a keyboard player? :cool:

well i tryed it on the piano cuz i play that too (a little) and it didn’t sound the same (or as good) maybe i can record myself and upload it so that you can hear it i’ll just have to figure out a way to do that!

but anyway it would be E.G. the first line of the song goes:
(G major) I met up with you (D major) in the (C major) land of dreaming…

and so on try that, if you don’t know how to play the chords i will tell you the fingerings.

I’m trying it out in Reason now as I’m writing. If I put a G on top of the D chord, would it sound like that finger thing? It suits the melody which pops up in my head to those chords. It sounds almost like the melody I imagined in the beginning. :cool: Looks like the rhytm in my version is different, though

yeah would you like me to try uploading a little clip of me playing, just my voice no camera photos or anything thats just scary.

Can’t you make a midi file? I’m making one now. I have to go to sleep soon, but it would be cool if we could compare the files tomorrow. Do you get some kind of melody on top of those chords?

(This is going way off.topic…) :cool:

i can but i have dial up so it takes me a long time to upload and stuff…

Oh and hope you don’t mind if i sing? :peek:

It takes a lot shorter time to upload a midi file, than a wav. Btw, your voice couldnt possibly be worse than mine. :razz:

hehe okay i’ll try!

SO…Does it work…? just read about this and im like…WOW…this could be great if it worked, I’m into writing poetry :happy: so YAY!!! thanks :clap:

Freecube and me just wrote a song, not professional grade but it will work, its called wandering minds.

we recorded it and burned it onto cd, sry but i get off key at some points,no i have not had any guitar lessons or voice lessons, but other than that its ok. we will probly upload it onto the internet sometime this month, busy schedual, but yeah so it won’t be too long and all ya’ll homeskillets will get to here our tunes yo.

Wow guys,

I did not think my poem and song thread would be so good, it’s now got quite a bit of useful information, it was so good that i came up with the idea and how you people made it better. I have been trying to get a poem and breathing technique together. I will post soon.

Hey DeMoN Tell me if you have had success on lucid dreams with your song,
I would really like to know, so keep us updated as you are onto a winner, well done.

Gotta go, take care guys.

Happy Lucid Dreaming

i sing and have memorised a song that is about lucidity but its never caused me to have any lucid dreams.

well it hasn’t happened yet, but i’ve only used the cd twice so i guess i have to give it some time.

anyway i’m trying to get it stuck in my head so badly that i dream about it, but it hasn’t gotten stuck yet

but yeah i’ll keep you posted!

hey has anybody here made yet a poem or song for a lucid dream or obe, if you have can you post it please,

especially you DeMon, i would really like to read it or hear your CD,

i have just posted my own rap in a new topic for having an OBE but i guess it would work for a lucid dream aswell