IT WORKED--I HAD A LUCID DREAM!

if you cant get to 400…then either focus real hard on it…or use a smaller number such as 200.

and…as for the opening your eyes part…dont even open them while performing an RC. only open them if the RC proves that you are dreaming…otherwise if you are not dreaming, then it will wake you up more if you open your eyes.

by the way…i didnt have an ld last night :sad: but that is probably because i didnt wake up when my alarm went off.

well, I’d have to open my eyes, as my favoure RC (count your finger, check the time and one of my own all need your eyes).
I do use the nose one, but it’s less successful for me than the others I listed.

gonna try it this night. Did you focus hard on counting or just let yourself to count ‘automaticly’?

btw, have you ever succeed WILD?

Im very pesimistic on this method, cus i haven’t suceed WILD, and dunno. gonna try this night.

i dont focus that hard…all i do is picture a number line kind of… and i just see myself watching that numberline…seeing the numbers going higher and higher. and when it goes to 400…then i do a RC. and im in a dream!

and…most people r pesimistic on this type of thing because they sometimes dont think they can do it. it is a very hard concept to go asleep concious…but once u have the hang of it…its probably th emost effective. especially this one…im combining a lot of things to this one. RCs, WBTB, WILD, HILD…all in to one. even though this one is very similar to HILD… anyways yeah…i hope that helps.

oh…and…yes ive succeeded at WILD

thanks 4 the help, anyways, i’ve never succeded at wild, but last night I did have my first LD via DILD :smile:

heh cool…well DILD cant really happen at will. WILD it is more possible.

It sounds like your technique is WILD you just do it a little differently.

Congrats bendrummin58

I’m definitely gonna try this. Must have been cool not even noticing you’d fallen asleep while you were still counting.

After all, that does sound easy…
And counting will keep you aware, so it’s very potent method…

let’s wait for more tests :smile:

Did this method, woke up, turned the alarm off, had to go to the bathroom, counted to 400, did a RC, was still awake, stayed awake for 2 hours before going back to sleep…

Will try again tonight, but that was not fun :grrr:

dont go to the bathroom

?

When you gotta go, you gotta go, there’s no holding it in.

hehe…well just dont like drink water before going to sleep. i know when i wake up and go to the bathroom…i cant sleep. dunno why.

Yeah, I hate that. Anyways, good luck continuing with your method.

thx u too…if u r still doin it

Whee!! I had one last night!! too bad when i realized the phone rang… I was trying to go to an art museum to see my past lives, but the scenery wouldn’t change, but how i realized was “I did this before, I must be dreaming” so i checked and started to fly :happy:

nice :smile: its always the coolest feeling when you first recognize your dreaming.

that should be your famly motto

“Never fun in the Jungle”
i bet it sounds great in latin

That is pretty interesting. I am wondering if I would fall asleep before getting to 4 hundred. It is a really good Idea. Although I take a while to fall asleep so I don’t know how to set my alarm to wake me up after i’ve been sleeping 4.5 hr. However I am sure I can figure something out. I will make a habit of doing that, and build up my concentration. I could be
Ld-ing in no time! :thumbs: