WILD'ing Help

Hello all. Quick and probably easily answered questions.
Normally whenever I’m going to go to sleep, I try and WILD. But I’ve neveer had a Lucid Dream from it, because either one of two things will happen. The first is that I just lose conciousness and fall asleep. The second is that I have SP and I’m drifting inbetween dream and full conciousness. Usually I’ll start off a very blurry dream which seems to be taking place behind the blackness that my eyes see. Then, when I realize that I am having a dream, my mind will say stop it and put me back into the blackness where I’m fully aware of my body, which is, needless to say, crappy :grrr: . This will go on for however long I choose to lie there, which is usually about half an hour, then I’ll get fed up, break the SP and change position, and go to sleep.

The questions are, does this happen to everyone else, and, how long do I have to stay in the concious state for Lucid Dream Induction.

I’ve only got as far as sleep paralysis, waking up before visualising a dreamscene so my advice may be wrong :eh:

You need to be less aware of your body and just focus on keeping your mind awake. When a dream starts to form, concentrate really hard, imagining yourself being there and try not to think about what’s happening in RL. I’m guessing the step from SP to WILD could take anything from a few seconds to 5 minutes, maybe more :shrug: depending on the person.

Well it is not an easy question to answer. Not because it is hard to do but because it is hard to explain.

What WILD method do you use?

Do you use WBTB with WILD? If you don’t perhaps it is worth a try. It is possible to WILD when you first go to bed but, WBTB is a lot faster and quite a bit easier as you are already relaxed since you just woke up and you can enter REM more quickly. I never used to use WBTB with WILD. The thought of waking up in the middle of the night scared the crap out of me. I was always afraid I would never get back to sleep. So, I absolutely refused to practice WBTB and did WILD at bed time. It did payoff as I did learn how to WILD without prior sleep. One night not too long ago as a matter of fact I became a convert. One night I woke up in the middle of the night. My first thought was “crap (actually I used more colorful language) I am never going to get back to sleep now” Anyway I staggered to the bathroom then went back to bed. I starting to do my WILD routine. I figured it would at least help me get back to sleep. Something else happened though. I went through the WILD routine and through the hypnogia so fast that before I knew what hit me I was in a dream fully lucid.

Anyway, the hole moral of the story here is that WBTB is not something to be afraid of. I am not saying don’t try at night as well. You can WILD without prior sleep. I practice WILD at both times. :smile:

whispa Is correct when she points out that you have let go of your attention to your real body. IMO you have to let go of all thoughts all external stimuli to where you are just focusing on that one small detail that allows you to retain conscious. When/if you enter SP start to let go more.

At this point you just want to be aware of the images but, don’t get too involved with them. IMO it is critical that you stay completely passive. Let the dream come to you don’t try and go to the dream. That will just wake you up. Just continue using whatever technique you do and let go of everything else.

Good luck and keep practicing because you are getting very close. :grin:

Thanks for the input guys.
Milod, I use both of the WILD’ing techniques you mentioned, though I dont deliberatley wake up at night. Usually ill wake up once ever night and so will use the WBTB.