i'm having trouble just being conscious of my dreams

or remembering them i guess. like, maybe once a week i’ll know i’ve had a dream. what can i do to remedy this? i feel like i’ll never be able to have an LD because my dreams are so rare. :help:

polyethylene, put beside your bed a bowl with coffee powder, like 8 spoons grounded coffee the smell is the best thing to make u remember more dreams. Its a horse medicine, if that doesnt work well the only thing u can do extra is writing that dream down you do remember once a week.

Close your bedroom door of course and windows when u do the coffee smell thing.
Our brain part that reacts on smell fully functions when we do dream!

Give it a try!

Failing that, keep a DD (write down everything you can remember about your dreams in the morning), and as you go to sleep at night, repeat the mantra, ‘I will remember my dreams,’ (or something simmiliar) in your head.

Get a differnt alarm clock, or turn on music vs. buzz, that helped me out alot, also go to sleep earlier, maybe wake up once or twice during the night to remember your dreams. :peek:

This method works EXCELLENT if you do it every evening very thoroughly. Be sure you really believe what you’re repeating. It takes some time though before it enters the sub-c fully, but you should notice an increase in dream recall within a few days already if you’re lucky.
If you plan to set your alarm to wake you up during the night, you can set it 4.5, 6 or 7.5 hours after you went to bed. This works best to remember dreams, because then you’ll be in the middle of a dream cycle (in general you’re in a dream cycle every 90 minutes after you fall asleep). .
Also, if you wake up, don’t move a muscle, close your eyes and search back in your memories for dream fragments. Be patient, and once you have an impression of a dream fragment, use it to rebuild the dream mentally. Once you can’t remember anything else, repeat the whole dream in your head and then write it down. Sometimes when you’re writing it, it can suddenly trigger more memories. Do this every day and perhaps combined with other techs, it will certainly help you if you keep at it.

Good luck :smile:

i have trouble being concience (however u spell that) in my dream too. like that WILD method doesnt work for me. only thing that has is doing RC every day about 20 times minimum…and then right before I go to bed, i think to myself that I will have a dream and I will do a reality check. and as soon as i do a check…BANG…i remember im in a dream and its all cool from there. but…might not want to listen to me…ive only had 1 in august :sad:

You might want to try and work on your dream recall first. There are lots of tips in the big remembering my dreamYou might want to try and work on your dream recall first. There are lots of tips in the big remembering my dreams topic. Check there for a more in-depth discussion on this.

In addition to what Mystic said:

=> Keep a dream journal. Sometimes that alone is enough to help improve your dream recall.
=> Are you getting enough sleep. If you don’t have healthy sleep patterns that can adversely effect your dream recall and lucid dreaming in general.
=> If you do drugs or alcohol that can really kill dream recall. If you do. Try not to use too close to bed time.
s topic. Check there for a more in-depth discussion on this

Yeah drugs will absolutely destroy dream recall. If you go to sleep wasted, or recovering from being wasted, you will just wake up 9 hours later with no recollection of a dream.

A dream journal/diary is an excellent method! And like they said, repeat a mantra. I personally use: I will remember my dreams when I wake up. I can write atleast a page of my dream when I wake up. Also, you don’t want to be particularly high on caffein (how do you spell that?). You may have been too hyper to think about saying a mantra and sometimes if you’re just beginning, not saying a mantra ruins all hope of Dream Recall.

thanks for your replies everyone. i’m not having problems so much anymore, i think my problem was too little sleep and now i’m getting just the amount i need. the only thing left is to try and be aware i’m dreaming.

You probably will get this advice a lot; but you cant overemphasize the importance of keeping a dream diary. Even if you just put in a few words a night or morning…you have to keep up with it…you may not get any results for a few months…but it will work…you just have to keep doing at. One morning you will wake up and write down a 2-3 page dream.

Allan :grin: