i was so close to an OBE but not close enough, any help?

Last night was one of the most amazing experinces i have had, but it could of been a lot more. I just could not get out, anyway it all started as this. Last thursday ever since i had my first OBE, i have really kind of gone in a whole new way. Yesterday evening after i had dinner i had a cup of tea and a biscuit and then i went to bed about an 1 hour later. I got in bed at about 11:38pm. I said to myself to set firmly the intention that i wanted to have an OBE. I decided to say a little prayer and ask for protection while i am out of the body. Then i layed in bed on my back with hands by my sides and feet straight and toes touching. I did some deep breathing, inhaling and exhaling, during all this i could feel my body shutting down as i was quite tired from during the day as i only slept the other night about 7 hours compared to my usual 10-12 hours sleep. At this point i did not notice any HI i would continue with the breathing and let any other thoughts that entered my mind disapear I continued this for a while and then i went back to normal breathing. I could feel my muscles relaxing and after a while a bit of numbness in my legs and then came a warmth feeling overy my legs and continued up into my thighs. I layed there motionless for a while now, i woiuld repeat mind awake, body asleep and it was almost as i was going deeper into a trance, then time went buy with all these feelings where i wanted to be out of the body and so i came out of this experience and sat up in my bed and looked at my alarm clock and it said it was 12:05am so i looked around my room and thought as i have had no luck getting out that i must go back and try again. So this time i really set the intention further, then i layed back and did the same thing again and this time the experience seemed faster than the last and after about 5 mins i was drifting into a sort of trance and after another 5 mins i believed i saw my first HI for the night and i was not so intrerested on sticking to the HI so i let it go and then my concious went away from my body and it was more like in my head, my eyes were closed i did hear a little bit of that static that you hear in your ears which reminded me of the static you would hear just as you switch off some tv players. Anyway at this point with my closed eye lids i was trying to view the void and see 6 feet into the distance of the blackness which is what i read that robert monroe said in the book journeys out of the body and i was trying to grab some of the colourful dots that i saw in the distance and trying to bring them with my imaginary astral hands to my third eye and i did focus a little on my third eye and then back to normal in this blackness. Now while i was doing this i think i was near or in the REM, stage as suddenly my eyes were flickering slowly and i was not controlling this. So i thought yippey i may be near to seperation, and the last time the flickering eyes came about was when i was trying to induce an OBE last year around near this same time in the month. Then when this was happening i thought about perhaps i may be hypnotized so i deicded to still plant an auto suggestion where i told myself that each time i try to induce an OBE that i will find it easier and that also i will find slipping into sleep paralysis easier and then i would repeat this about 3 times each and then i kept saying to myself that i am going to have an OBE constantly and also i would think the words float, float, and i feel lighter, but i could not get out. I even tried thinking of rolling over or pulling my self up by sitting up but nothing would happen and also i could feel a bit of a tingle as this was happening in my body, but a very light tingle in one part of the body, but i brought awareness back to my head and i felt heavy and warm, also i forgot to mention but way before all this when i was doing my breathing exercises i kind of was sinking slowly into the bed at times and then returning to normal and also i changed my breathing technique and i made it rythmical but in a circular motion which is kind of hard to explain on a forum, but as i do that i could control the warmth feeling on each breath which seemed to make me just one more step into a trance anyway back to the near seperation the REM kind of faded away, i felt that i could not open my eyes which made me think i hypnotized myself in a way or was i so tired? and in a trance that i was basically nearly asleep. But anyway that was pretty much it and i did not sperate so i returned to normal and got up out of bed and looked at my clock something like 15-20 min had passed and then i went back again and tried projecting from my right side then my left side and then again on my stomach but after all these attempts i still had no luck, i don’t seem to know exactly how to seperate

any helpers and please tell me was i close?

Also i did visualize my self in another body and being beside my bed and also walking around and flying in my house and room but it was a visualisation and i can do the same thing during the day in like a daydream. So i know i was not out of the body, so how do i get out when i get to this point? i would really like to know, also one thing i thought of now was, do i actually try to physically sit up? because i am perhaps in sleep paralysis what i think is my pyshical body sitting up is really just my astral or do you not pyhically do it but do you actually just think of it? and it happens because as of up to know i have been thinking of it and waiting for it to happen.

I hope somebody can help me on this, i feel that this may be the month where i will be out conciously, instead of from within a dream as what had seemed to of happend last Thursday

Thank you for reading

i thought by now i was going to get a reply
please help

Have you ever tried the “rope technique”?
It’s when you visualize a rope that hangs over your body, then you visualize your mental body grabing on to it and drags you out of your body.

yes i have tried rope technique and i found it difficult the first time i tried it,
i was very tired and started to enter REM conciously for the first time ever but getting out from the rope was difficult, so i like easier ones than that, got any other tips.

I read in Journey’s out of the body that you have to phisically try to roll out, Since you are in SP you should not be able to roll out of bed for real so you should just float down to the floor. I wish I could get to where you are at though. Been trying for a while no luck though. Good luck! keep us posted. Also if obe is your thing check this out

astralsociety.com/

Mainly about OBEs. Not as good a site as ld4all, but it does have a lot of good techniques on obe’s. Look up Papo Nertelo! :wink:

check out www.astralvoyage.com, u can find some good techs there :cheesy:
goodl uck and remmeber, never stop trying!