1st LD... disturbing

had my first LD the other night. It was fun, i flew and whent through a mirror. But there was something disturbing. My late grandmother was there, only she was completely gray. she wouldnt talk either. she wouldnt even look at me. does any1 know what this meens? :help:

why didnt you try to talk to her?

hi, and welcome to both of you.

Dude, I Rock, I’ve recently had lots of dreams of my recently deceased Grandmother … some are nice, some make no sense, and some can be slightly disturbing.
The Grandmother of your dreams might not be the Grandmother of your waking life. Your dream characters can respresent a part of yourself, or a symbol of who you thought your Grandma was.
Dreams speak on a very personal level and only you can truely answer what this dream could mean.

I personally wouldn’t give it much thought unless it was a repeative dream.

DA’s right: Only YOU can unlock the mystery of your dreams. Check out this and click “analyse”:
https://www.xs4all.nl/~pasquale/TTM/3/index.htm

There’s a Dream Symbol search there.

Welcome, by the way :happy:

:confused: Krystal ? The link doesn’t work out :sad:

Have anyone heard something about the importance of the symbols, people or things you see in your first LD ?

Odd, it works for me shrug

I found what does not work. It’s because the page is named index.html and not index.htm. I don’t know why, your browser probably find it by default, and mine not.

Oh, thanx for the welcome. And I did try to talk to her. She wouldn’t answer me or look at me. And what scares me is that is IS a recurring dream.

Well I would say that you missed your grandmother. A perfectly normal feeling. Were you close?

Once you learn to control your lucid dreams better you can use this opportunity to your advantage. You can summon up people you want to talk to that you can’t in waking life. As DA mentioned “it’s not real” but it can “feel real” to you. Believe it or not it can help you bring closure to thoughts you have about people who have passed on.

Good luck and don’t fear.

If your frandmother is a reacerring charicter in your dreams it could be a triger for lucidaty. If your grandmother dose not realy do much, I would say that it is just a phantom, or a reflection of energy form an other world that you interprat as your grandmother. Or she might be an inorganicbeing disgised as her. It is said that IB’s that disgise them selfs as dead realatives are from fare away and are grusome in their true form (The Art of Dreaming, Carlos Castaneda.)

Yes, we were close. And so far the only way I have been able to have an LD is by thinking about her before I go to bed. And when she appears, I realize that I’m dreaming. Yeah, I think that I miss her. But she needs to stay out of my dreams! :tongue: :grin:

Dude I Rock, you don’t have to scare. It’s a dream. I find Milod789’s advice very good when he says that “you can use this opportunity to your advantage”.

You said it’s a reccuring dream. Does that mean that you had a lot of normal dreams about your grandmother, before you had your first LD ?
I have a little idea to solve your case, but I’m feeling so stupid that before saying it, I have to ask you some questions before I can state something. Are you living at your parents’ ? Was it a problem between your late grand mother and them ? What are your beliefs about after-death ? Are you a believer ? ( Hmmm… This question is somewhat simple too much, I would have said : in what do you believe ? )

Don’t feel that you have to answer these questions. Just think about them. If you don’t like these questions about your family relations, please said it. I just ask them because I try to define the problem, which is not so clear.

If you are saying that thinking about your grandmother before going to sleep can guarantee (?) an LD…then you have discovered an extremely powerful and simple method of having and LD. One thing I have found is that your subconscious is absolutley opposed to you interefering with it in your dreams. I think your grandmother not talking to you is simply your subconscious not wanting you in the dream. I know for myself when I find somehting that will trigger an LD, such as appearing nude in public, that soon I stop dreaming that particular dream…but if your grandmother can get you into an LD, then you should be happy, unless you had some issue with your grandmother which it sounds like you didnt. I bet a lot of people had the ability to get into an LD just by thinking of a person before sleep.

sorry…i bet a lot people “wish” they had that ability

Usually when I’m thinking about the DC of ma granma, not the real 1, I kan become lucid. And yes, I have had a LOT of normal dreams with her in them.

Some thoughts about this :

1. If you are in the habit of thinking about your grandma in order to have LD, I think it’s not such different from Pedro’s “Visualization Induced LD” technique. Then, as Allan says, “you have discovered an extremely powerful and simple method of having and LD” and it’s normal that you find your grandma in your LD and also in your ND. You don’t have to scare, cause it’s your technique who induces this DC in your dreams.

2. To be lucid in a dream doesn’t necessarily mean that you are able to control the reactions of the DC. Trying to convince them is not always efficient. It’s more efficient to do telepathy with them.

3. You said : “what scares me is that is IS a recurring dream.” But are you scared just by the fact the dream is recurring, or rather by the dream atmosphere ? I don’t understand that a reccuring dream can be scarry just because it’s reccuring.

4. There has been a lot of recurring dreams stories, in which the dreamer was afraid of a presence, and when finally he talked to the DC, the DC answered that he didn’t want to scarry the dreamer, just protect them.
    I didn’t found the precise reference, but you can find some information on the Stephen LaBerge’s Lucidity Institute website. This is an excerpt of EWLD about nightmares and recurring dreams.
    https://www.lucidity.com/EWLD10.html

5. If you are not fully satisfied by the explanations above, of course, you can resolve your problem through asking questions in lucid dreams but ( that was my basic idea ) it’s perhaps more simple that you visit your grand mother’s grave and bring her some flowers and talk with her. I think it could be efficient, whether you are a believer or not. I know two people who had such a problem and it worked.

It’s scary bekuz the gray version of my grandma is there. It freaks me out!

<