Considering a Tatoo for reality checks

I’m definatly going to do this. I’m going to buy a watch first and wear it really tight for about a week so my friend has a guide at how big I want the tat.

And if I don’t get it then I’m just going to burn my self with my car lighter. Regardless I’m going to have a mark on my wrist for the rest of my life and it’s all thanks to lucid dreaming.

:cry:

ok…

uh, yeah. thumbs up to that. :bored:

Do you need a hug? Just a thought.

I don’t need a hug I need a way to reality check with out losing my damn dream.

I’ve had like 10 lucid dreams so far and 6 were ruined because when I did my RC and became lucid I lost my dream.

Heh, I’m not going to burn my self, I was just kidding.

I would hope not.
But why don’t you just draw it on your hand with a marker?
It would be a lot cheaper and less painful.

Very True BioHazarad. That’s what I do!
Though the Tattoo sounds cool. I love it when people find new and interesting ways to have/utilize tatttoos. Even better, I’d get the all seeing eye tattooed in its little pyramid on your wrist, that would be cooler.

Umm, that doesn’t make sense. You’re gonna buy a watch, which can also be used as an RC, AND get a tatoo? Don’t you think the watch is enough?

And ever think that either way you’ll lose lucidity? It sound like you either get too excited or you aren’t able to keep it stable. The tatoo won’t help with either of those problems.

That tatoo will help. I did the RC where I clasped my nose and breathed. It works but for some unknown reason I’d close my eyes while doing this, when I try to open them sometimes I can’t and I’m stuck in a void.

I’m getting the tatoo just for the fact that I shouldn’t need to close my eyes to look at my wrist.

The only real reason I’m getting a watch is because I go to the hospital next Monday to start my education at the hospital, you need a watch with a second hand as a requirement.

I say get the tattoo. that’s a good idea. lol why would he ever regret getting “RC” tattooed to his wrist? Go for it.

Well, I went to get the tatoo and my friend sorta talked me out of it.

He told me to write RC on my wrist in permanent marker and see what I think after a week.

So today I did as he said and went around walking with the RC on my wrist.

The thing is I never bothered to look at it. Even when I do my hourly RC with the breathing through the nose thing I didn’t look at it. Hell, the only time I looked at it was when I went to get a pen or someone mentioned it which was only about 4 times total today.

I’m still considering it I just need to train my self to look at it constantly to have some effectiveness.

Well, you shouldn’t need to shut your eyes to look at the watch either. :smile:

Nic, Garlic very well might regret having RC stuck on his wrist forever. Especially if he ever stops Lucid Dreaming. RC will still be there.

*Edit: Garlic, I just saw your last post. Your friend’s right to give you that sort of test. I don’t mean to bring anyone down or anything: But do you want the big black letters “RC” on your wrist forever? Especially when you might not look at it? Ask yourself a bunch of questions about it. test your answers with permanent marker. After you’ve done all that, THEN consider getting a tattoo.

gah, sorry. I guess I’m being kind of bossy. But still, don’t do something you’ll regret.

I sometimes also close my eyes when doing the hold the nose technique. It sucks ass because I’m afraid if I open my eyes I’ll open them in real life. I just get a FA though…

oh and I’ve been thinking of getting a tatoo on my wrist for awhile also, because if I had to cover it up I could easily wear a watch. Damn, I thought I was the only one to think of that. But yeah, just make sure it’s in a cool text if you do it.

i too have been considering getting a reality check tattoo for quite some time now. i’ve been drawing symbols on the back of my hand for the past two years, not always, but from time to time. i’m thinking of getting either a small chaos symbol or a crescent moon, both solid black, about 1/2" dia. small enough so that they could be covered with a tiny circle band-aid in case i have a job interview or something along those lines. a RC sounds kind of bland though. that’s why i draw symbols on my hand instead of writing “C”. been doing it so long i figure i might as well get it tattooed. many people who get tattoos don’t really think it through, i’ve had this planned for years, and it has a legitimate purpose, unlike say… a snake on my forearm, which i’d never do of course. lucid dreaming is a noble purpose i say, and there is no reason to ever give up this practice.

I don’t think it would work. I have peircings, and I have them in my dreams as well. When I first got them I they’re weren’t in my dreams, but the are now, most of the time anyway. So yeah, personally I think it would be pretty pointless.

Sometimes when I need extra motivation I put one small black dot on each of my wrists (where the veins are) and then do an RC everytime I notive them.

It usually works in getting my to do a bunch of RC’s and keep lucid dreaming frech in my mind.

ypm.

I use a permanent marker and put RC on the back of my hand,And after I did this I noticed how much we see the backs of our hands,Be when your playing a video game or reading a book,Whatever.
You look at the back of your hand more then you think so you might try putting it there with the permanent marker first,It does work better.

i have considered getting a tattoo for the same reason. i would get something cooler than the letters RC though. BUt i havent because i would have to get it on my hand and i dont want to have to explain it to everyone.

remember that your dream can trick you though. Your dream can put an RC on your hand and trick you into thinking that you hav ethe tattoo

so youll ahve to do other tests too, but the tat will at least get you to do the check regardless

You sir, are ■■■■■■■ cool in my book

I have a few Tattoos and they have never triggered a lucid dream. When im in normal dreams they move to different parts of my body, they morph into other tattoos even that has not made me lucid. I’ve also looked at my tattoos in mirrors when i’ve been lucid and even then they are not normal. For me they are unstable.

Peace Sensi.

In fact, I don’t think that a tattoo can be a good trigger, if you only make RC when you see it… We really see our hands very often, but it is mostly the reason why their appearance cannot make us do a RC: we are too used to them… So the consequence of thoughts will be “RC”, then “tattoo”, and not the opposite. At least you must first remember that you must remember something, and here the tattoo can really help, because the idea of looking at a tattoo is a little bit simpler than the idea of testing reality. But I think checking the tattoo can be a good RC itself (as so many people say their tattoos look different in dreams or disappear). It could be a small picture looking as if it is going to move… Like spirals or something like that, almost giving an illusion of movement. So, that when you see this thing in a dream, you would be able to move it only with your imagination. Or a text, longer than just two letters (all texts are unstable in dreams, so the tattoo text, too, can change). But I agree with those who say that any tattoo subject and the idea itself must be first tested in a non-permanent version (though I think it will take more time than one week).

I think maybe you should get some drawings of what you’d like to see on yourself. Then put them on the cieling above your bed. Stare at them and imagine where you’d want them until you fall asleep. Bring them into your lucid dream that way.

A tattoo is forever and should be something you really really like.