Finally a novadreamer for 90 US$ maybe a supernovar dreamer

I’m desperate to know how this all turns out as I want to order one of these bad boys. Let us know how well it works for inducing LD’s when (if) you recieve it, we’re all excited for you :biggrin:

i really wish tashi would reply :confused:

bump :o

no news yet ? :confused:

Nope.

Well,

Good news and bad news.

Good news, I got it. Seems the delay was due to the mail.

Bad news, it doesn’t work. It’s supposed to blink and beep when I put in batteries, but nothing happens.

I’ve written a mail to them, we’ll see what they say.

:…:

Good news.

There seems to have happened something during its long travel into my arms. Just a small thing to do with the battery holder. I took it to a local electro-guy and he fixed it in no time. He was not impressed by the craftmanship, nor am I. At least it could have been better protected.

BUT, now it should work, and I will come back to you with my review later.
:content:
Some beginners problems in a new firm can be forgiven, I guess.

Make your own conclusions.

Well I am glad you finally got it and were able to get it fixed.

Good luck

This one seem to be poorly made if even a you think it’s poorly made, and I assume that you aren’t that good with electronics. If that’s really the case it’s not worth that much of money even if it’s cheaper than the novadreamer. If only 1 in 10 doesn’t work then they are delivered, that sucks. And I think that most people don’t try to find someone that knows electronics to fix it if it’s broken when they get it. And it get’s expensive if you have to send it back to get it fixed.

And I hope it’s only temporary problems because if they can’t stand the transport they will mostly likely brake very fast in normal use. I hope the warranty is atleast a few months. If not I would probably not recomend anyone else to get one unless they improve the quality of the product.

Well, of course I can’t judge the electronics. It looks pretty professional to me. The mask looks a bit hand-made, though.

The warranty lasts for 12 months, but don’t cover damage during shipping. Which is why I decided to take it to the electroshop. It also does not cover damage caused by “accident, misuse, neglect, unauthorized repair or failure to follow instructions in the manual.”

Anyway if it helps me get started with LDing It’ll be worth it.

Edit: I just got a mail. He offers to fix it for free, and paying for shipping one way. He says he knows the battery holders are not so good, and he’s looking for better ones. There has not been any other problem reports.

It seems it would be a good idea to wait a while anyway (if you can) until the quality has improved.

But anyway he seems like a fair enough guy. Not a scam for sure.

Well that is good to know.

Does it have the same options as the nova dreamer? Can you adjust the intensity and frequency of the cues?

I am curious how things go on your first night of using it.

Good luck and happy dreaming

Heyo

I’ve never tried the novadreamer, of course, but generally there seems to be no lack of options. Sound, light. Frequency, intensity and duration of pulses adjustable. There are three example presets for light, normal or heavy sleepers, but also full opportunity to customise to any setting you want. There is a dream alarm that will wake you up 4 minutes after a series of light has been emitted. There is also a RC-feature.

The test mode indicate that the IR-detectors work properly, adequately responding to my eye movements.

My first night was ok. I chose the normal sleeper preset and went to bed early (around 22). I woke up at half past one with the mask off my head. I put it on again, and it stayed on until around 6.30 when I woke up, well rested. I found that it was not very difficult to fall asleep with it, which is a pleasant surprise.

I had no lucid dreams, nor could I remember any dreams with flashing in them, but the mask reports having emitted no less than 33 pulses (i.e. 33 x 6 seconds with 2 flashes per second). I don’t know how many of those were sent while it was off my head. According to the manual 20-25 pulses is about right for a 6 hours sleep session.

It’s not a surprise that I have no results the first night. It’ll take some adjusting to find the right settings for me, and I need to work on the mental side as well. Besides, I could not fall asleep after I woke up, so I did not get to combine it with the WBTB method. I think I will probably only use it with the WBTB in the future. I’ll probably lurk a bit in the NovaDreamer forum from now on :smile: The “European Lucidity Institute” should have had one of their own. Hopefully that will come.

:smile: glad to hear you got it and it works (even with the broken part).

this makes me want to go back and pick up my kvasar (i broke TWO ir sensors while toying with it to pick up the eye movement)… i have to give it to the guys who make these masks and get the sensor to work on everyone.

let us know if you get LD’s…

yay! good to noe u got it! :grin:

Only in America could they sell such a thing…a sucker is born every minute in this country.

:grin: actually… we’re talking here about the european version, which is about half price of the “american” version.

as a tool (be it for research or just for fun) the goggles are quite a smart idea. the price is WAY high because so far there’s been only one “producer” and they justified the high price as research funding (which makes a lot of sense actually). With a split market (and the first direct concurence the Nova Dreamer faces) the prices should go down and the product should become more accessible.

That explains why your “america” statement is a bit off in this thread…

Hey MeusOpusMagnus

what do you mean that the european version of the remdreamer is half price to the american, i went to their website www.remdreamer.com and they say it is 147US dollars and 5 dollars for shipping are you saying it is half of 147 dollars for the european version?

I was talking about the REM-Dreamer (about 150 us) as being the “european” version of the Nova Dreamer (between 300 and 800us or maybe even more.) I was just responding to allan who assumed the product we were talking about in this thread was produced in the states and bought by sucker americans… it made me a little mad, mainly because what people do (or don’t) with their money (or anything they own for that matter) is their concern and theirs only.

I think allen was making a statement that any kind of dreaming goggles are a waste of money.

While I agree that you do not need a nova dreamer or similar device to learn lucid dreaming it can be a helpful tool. The feedback from people who use these types of devices has been split. Some saying that it did not help at all while others say they had lucid dreams on the first night of using it.

So saying that people who buy such a device are suckers. Well, you might want to re think that statement.

REM-Dreamer is in stock again. :happy:

Altar