About failing reality checks

As I was browsing through this forum (and archive) I stumbled upon several posts about failing reality checks.
For example people who can still read, clocks that work and stuff like that. I have discovered that I have had several dreams in the past year, where i could look at the clock, and look away and still see the same time. And looking back later the time that had passed (3-6 min.) was also on the clock…

Isn’t this a litte strange?

I don’t think it’s strange because dream signs makes use of the instability of our dreams, but when our mind is capable of making super-realistic dreams, it shouldn’t be any surprise that RCs can fail sometimes when one has stable dreams. But one important thing to remember when RCing is to be critical :smile:

Nowadays I use only one RC: I try to push my finger through objects like like my palm, wall… whatever. This test will fail quite often in LDs at the first attempt, but I can get it work when I try hard enough.
I try to do this test several times during the day, and of course when I’m doing something dangerous in LDs. Usually I success with WILD so I automatically know I’m dreaming, but I still do this test when want to be 100% sure.

Yeah, when I’m reading something in my dreams, the words get messed up and I have to go back to read them twice to make sure they’re the right word. One time that happened and I was wondering why and I’m just like “Oh yeah, I’m dreaming, right,” Then I’m like “Wait a second, if I was dreaming I would be lucid. Oh my gosh I’m so stupid it’s just the computer that’s making the words do that.” :tongue:

When performing a clock RC, I use a more reliable method than just passively glancing at it a couple of times. I actually TRY to make the numbers change.

This works for me, so give it a go :smile:

My version of RC with the time is to think of another time when I look back, while still remembering the original time. Now that I think of it this might lead to confusion in the dream so I donno.

When doing reality checks, I look back and fourth as much as 10 times to make sure words dont change.
Another check I like is trying to remember back as far as I can, and if I find one of the things I recall is falling alseep, I know I must be dreaming.

I tried the clock RC last night… and at first things seemed normal… but then I really tried to jumble the numbers and it worked… this is a strange step for me cause I have been having LDs for a long time now without using any RCs… but now that I’ve been reading this forum, I’m starting to use alot of the stuff that yall are talking about… very helpful with getting lucid! :grin:

That’s what I eventually resorted to also, but it gets very annoying to do during the day. I also hate it when the time changes by a minute, I have to repeat the whole thing all over again. I’d be nice to have some fail-safe RCs that don’t take too much effort durring the day.