Finally a novadreamer for 90 US$ maybe a supernovar dreamer

Well that is good to know.

Does it have the same options as the nova dreamer? Can you adjust the intensity and frequency of the cues?

I am curious how things go on your first night of using it.

Good luck and happy dreaming

Heyo

I’ve never tried the novadreamer, of course, but generally there seems to be no lack of options. Sound, light. Frequency, intensity and duration of pulses adjustable. There are three example presets for light, normal or heavy sleepers, but also full opportunity to customise to any setting you want. There is a dream alarm that will wake you up 4 minutes after a series of light has been emitted. There is also a RC-feature.

The test mode indicate that the IR-detectors work properly, adequately responding to my eye movements.

My first night was ok. I chose the normal sleeper preset and went to bed early (around 22). I woke up at half past one with the mask off my head. I put it on again, and it stayed on until around 6.30 when I woke up, well rested. I found that it was not very difficult to fall asleep with it, which is a pleasant surprise.

I had no lucid dreams, nor could I remember any dreams with flashing in them, but the mask reports having emitted no less than 33 pulses (i.e. 33 x 6 seconds with 2 flashes per second). I don’t know how many of those were sent while it was off my head. According to the manual 20-25 pulses is about right for a 6 hours sleep session.

It’s not a surprise that I have no results the first night. It’ll take some adjusting to find the right settings for me, and I need to work on the mental side as well. Besides, I could not fall asleep after I woke up, so I did not get to combine it with the WBTB method. I think I will probably only use it with the WBTB in the future. I’ll probably lurk a bit in the NovaDreamer forum from now on :smile: The “European Lucidity Institute” should have had one of their own. Hopefully that will come.

:smile: glad to hear you got it and it works (even with the broken part).

this makes me want to go back and pick up my kvasar (i broke TWO ir sensors while toying with it to pick up the eye movement)… i have to give it to the guys who make these masks and get the sensor to work on everyone.

let us know if you get LD’s…

yay! good to noe u got it! :grin:

Only in America could they sell such a thing…a sucker is born every minute in this country.

:grin: actually… we’re talking here about the european version, which is about half price of the “american” version.

as a tool (be it for research or just for fun) the goggles are quite a smart idea. the price is WAY high because so far there’s been only one “producer” and they justified the high price as research funding (which makes a lot of sense actually). With a split market (and the first direct concurence the Nova Dreamer faces) the prices should go down and the product should become more accessible.

That explains why your “america” statement is a bit off in this thread…

Hey MeusOpusMagnus

what do you mean that the european version of the remdreamer is half price to the american, i went to their website www.remdreamer.com and they say it is 147US dollars and 5 dollars for shipping are you saying it is half of 147 dollars for the european version?

I was talking about the REM-Dreamer (about 150 us) as being the “european” version of the Nova Dreamer (between 300 and 800us or maybe even more.) I was just responding to allan who assumed the product we were talking about in this thread was produced in the states and bought by sucker americans… it made me a little mad, mainly because what people do (or don’t) with their money (or anything they own for that matter) is their concern and theirs only.

I think allen was making a statement that any kind of dreaming goggles are a waste of money.

While I agree that you do not need a nova dreamer or similar device to learn lucid dreaming it can be a helpful tool. The feedback from people who use these types of devices has been split. Some saying that it did not help at all while others say they had lucid dreams on the first night of using it.

So saying that people who buy such a device are suckers. Well, you might want to re think that statement.

REM-Dreamer is in stock again. :happy:

Altar

I am just curious to know if anyone who has bought the rem dreamer had any success. So far the introduction of the rem dreamer has not forced down the price of the nova dreamer. Yet that is.

Hello again

So far I have had no results with the REM-dreamer. But it can be pretty hard to get the settings right. Or maybe rather: it takes a while of experimenting systematically. I’ve not had the opportunity to do so in a while. These days I’m not even using it. I think I will start sleeping with it again sometime soon. It would be a shame to buy the thing and then be too lazy to get the settings right.

I knew it would be no instant free ticket to LD-land before I bought it, but now I KNOW it. :smile:

I’ll try to keep you posted on my results

Sorry to hear that you are not having success with the rem dreamer. The ques these devices give you can vary from obvious things like fireworks and flashing lights to lite ques like colors being brighter than usual. Of course you still have to train your self to recognize these things in your dreams.

Also, the novadreamer was infamous for wearing down batteries so you might want to see if the same is true with the rem dreamer.

Still no reports on the REM dreamer? I did some looking around and the only feedback I could find was on lucidity.com.

It is a bit self serving but here it is:

I thought as i created this thread, it is high time i contributed a bit more, but i have been very busy.

Anyway i am thinking of buying a Rem Dreamer, i have been quite annoyed over the last few months as everytime i went to the rem dreamer site the opertaion manual was still under construction and when i checked it last night it was finally there, so i don’t know how long its been there now.

Okay why am i posting, well i read up and no one here who has bought the rem dreamer has had any luck, and i have been haveing dream after dream lately but nothing lucid. My dreams go on for so long i am like in another world that is so real. So i want to try the rem dreamer, but after i read the oeperation manual it makes me a little hasty about buying one as it seems very complicated to setup for each night and it said if you remove the batteries the settings are reset which is silly, as I read somewhere that its has a memory built in to the chip or sometihng like that.

Well if somebody here that has the rem dreamer can explain the manual in a quick step by step guide to me that is easier to understand, then that would be great as i am not very good when it comes to manulas, I am a deep sleeper i have been sleeping recently between 8-10 hours and some days have been 12-14 hours thats terrible i know.

I just hope if i can order now and recieve the rem dreamer before christmas, i live in europe and it comes from there, or perhaps i will order after christmas.

Oh by the way i like the new site design

Happy lucid dreaming

Actually, there has not been any feedback at all. So far, only one person has posted there experiences with the rem-dreamer.

Lots of people have said the same thing about the nova dreamer. It worked for some and not so well for others.

Anyway, just remember that you do not need one of these devices to learn lucid dreaming.

I am definitly thinking of buying the REM Dreamer, but I won’t right now. I don’t have the extra money and I’m waiting to see some results of a new dreamsign thing I’m trying out for myself.
There’s only one thing that bugging me, I can’t seem to get a reply back from their English website. Oh well.
I figure if I’m going to get one of these devices and it doesn’t work, it might has well be the cheapest device :tongue:

i just bought a remdreamer and its pretty cool. so far i havent had a really cool LD yet but im working on it. i have been setting the timer to do the ;ques after 30 or 50 min.

tonight im going to set it to go off like after an hour or 3.

ill post if anything cool goes down.

Congrats!

GL!

Reyth

wow last night was interesting…

the remdreamer definately worked.

from the last point i remember i was standing in the center of a mini ramp (mini half-pipe) watching my friend cambo skate(skateboard) it.

and thats when the cues went off. i noticed i was dreaming! it was fantastic!

i quickly summoned my board and started to skate the half pipe. i was doing so many tricks i have never done before it was righteous!!

im most definately going to keep using my remdreamer!