how to have an obe from a normal dream?

I hear a lot here about how you can in your lucid dream find your physical body sleeping back in your bed in the pyschical, then enter it and find yourself back in the physical but in sleep paralysis then you can get the vibes or don’t have to but you can induce an obe, now if your a lucid dreamer then that is a little easier to what i am going to ask next,

what i would like to know is, is it possible to find the physical body from a normal dream and then go into it and wake up in sleep paralysis and induce an obe.

If you can do this, how would i be able to do it exactly as in a normal dream i don’t have thought options like in a lucid dream, so i believe somehow i would have to get accustomed to some technique of awareness even before i go to sleep in order for that to happen, or is there another way?

I think you answered correctly to your question. As in a normal dream you don’t have free will, it will be rather difficult to make any choice and thus to find your body.
Moreover, since by definition OBE is a lucid experience, you cannot have a OBE in a normal dream.

I am probably not the best person to answer this question as I have never had an OBE that I know of. However, I have had many WILD ‘s.

It seems to me that what you are suggesting may not bee possible or, at the very least would be difficult to achieve. In a normal dream you are not in the drivers seat. Your subconscious is. I don’t know how (in a normal dream) you would plan to go find your body and enter it as you are not in control unless it happens completely by accident. I suppose you might be able to use dream incubation to induce a ND where you do this.

Seems to me it would be easier to achieve lucidity first.

I think it could be possible… Until everyone hear has said it isn’t. :tongue:
When I only began to read about dreams, I got interested in something similar… But it was not about entering your physical body, but just lying down on the bed in the position that you fell asleep in. And the result should be not an out-of-body experience, but just a more vivid dream of next level. And in several days after I read about it, I had a dream where I was looking for my bed to have a dream of next level… Rather funny, because I was NOT lucid and did not think that a dream of first level can be rather interesting, too. But I didn’t succeed… I just woke up when I lay down… :sad:

You can’t get everyone on this site to agree that OBE are even possible/real. Everyone has their own opinion about this. :grin:

Anyway, I did not mean to imply that what you are suggesting was impossible. I just meant that I don’t know how you could do it from a normal dream.

Keep working on it a share your experiences with us. :smile:

Yes, I mean just that… I didn’t want to say that OBE is possible, or that this method of having an OBE works, or that it will happen this evening… I only wanted to say that it is possible to do a planned thing in a non-lucid or low-lucid dream. You CAN find yourself in a dream and enter your body, if you want to do it and if you think it will be interesting. But if you then have a sleep paralysis and then find yourself floating under the ceiling of your room, it doesn’t necessary mean it is an OBE. It can be one, but it can also be just a dream, where you see just what you have expected to see. And later, in the morning, you will remember the details and say: “Dang, it was my room as it looked a year ago, I only lost a great possibility to have a great LD!” But if you are interested in OBE more than in LDing… You just must try all methods your hear about (not very suicidal, I mean).