The Dream tester: cool way I became lucid

In my 5th LD, I was in my old houses bedroom with my mum and my friend. They hooked me up to some computer, which was a pie chart type circle. They said if I was dreaming, images would appear. After a few seconds, some random images changed into a donkey ( :eek: ) and I became lucid.

Anybody else became lucid through unconventional methods?

wow, what a cool way to become lucid!

The LD I consider my first LD went like this:

I was also at a house from my past, my Grandma’s house. It was like any other Wednesday and she was making spaghetti. My Aunt was pouring up the drinks and asking everyone what drink they wanted. During this time my grandma said something to make me think she knew this was a dream, so I asked her “You mean this is a dream?” and she replied “well yes, ofcourse it is” with a tone in her voice like she expected me to know this already.

Whenever a DC helps you or tells you that you are lucid. I think that it is unconventional and can be very surprising.

I was in a dream when I was obsessed with getting someone to tell me I was dreaming in a shared dream and I told a dream character all about lucid dreaming and asked her to tell me I am dreaming in a shared dream and then went to sleep a little later and when I was in my dream inside of a dream sure enough she was there and told me that I was dreaming and at first I didn’t believe her and then the magnitude of the situation hit me and I became lucid, though at a lower level probably because I dreaming about being lucid instead of acually being lucid

Wow, thats a long sentence.

I became lucid in a really weird way a few months ago. It’s quite difficult to explain but I’ll give it my best:

In RL I was asleep alone in my house. I was having an ND where I was with my girlfriend in bed, and then I fell asleep INSIDE the ND. So now I was in a dream with in a dream, and was instantly lucid in this.

I was trying to find someone so I was calling their name, but I stopped after a while because I was afraid that I would be calling out in RL and would wake up my girlfriend. So although I was lucid in this second dream, I thought the ND that this dream was inside was real. Then I woke up into the ND again, still believing this was reality. I then went back to sleep and was once again lucid.

When I woke up it made me question how concious we really are when lucid. I knew it was a dream, yet I didnt realise the ND I was in wasn’t real, which I clearly would have done with the level of conciousness I have when awake.

Really weird experience!

Syphex:
That, my friend, is the oddest way to become Lucid. :happy: You weren’t really lucid, but you were. You were lucid inside a dream within a dream. But, you could have done a reality check in your ND after having the LD within the ND. It was something like a false awakening. Cool!

edit: Just wondering, maybe when you do that you are close to an OOBE.

one night i came home really drunk and passed out. in the dream (like being drunk) it felt like everything was moving slowly, but in the end it worked to my advantage because it gave me time to think. i was in new york (i live in chicago) infront of an apartment (i live in a ranch house). my mom walked out of the appartment and said “this is our house”. i said “no its not, im dreaming” then i tried to fly away but i couldnt fly, so i made a peddling motion with my legs like a bike and i took off. this was my first and only lucid dream.

haha
you got your ld taste