Buzz

I’ve heard stories of people having a buzz in their head/ears during OBE and HI.

I sometimes have a buzz (264 Hz frequency) in my ears. Mostly during the early stages of sleep (during HI). I’ve never had a OBE, apart from one OBE-alike experience. See https://ld4all.vervex.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=79.

Do some of you also have similar buzzing-experiences?
Any thoughts?

Hi
As far as i know,(almost?) everybody can hear it.The tune can change volume and frequenzy,it is a good thing to focus on when doing relaxion practices (as WILD).

Traumgänger

Maybe, maybe not. Sometimes the noises in my head get so violent I can’t take it no more. Feels like my ears are exploding and I have to stop.

Sometimes the buzzing is so loud, I get up and put up some music. :wink:

The buzzing can also make me lose the focus on the HI.
But I’ll try to focus on it the next time and see what happens…

For me, the ringing is a very high pitch “eee” note. It’s barely audible during the day, though sometimes it’ll peak in intensity quickly, then go drop back to the base level a few seconds later. I believe it’s called Tinnitus.

When I meditate, I concentrate on that sound, and reinforce it by saying the “eee” in my head. Very good for meditation. After a while it turns into an electric-like surge through my whole body (which comes very quickly and lasts only a few seconds). Vibrations. When I get one of these surges, the sound also changes, becoming much like a lightsabre at that point. A big vooom sort of sound.

Do any of you folks notice that the ringing in your ears increases volume sharply at points during the day, for no apparent reason? I think these louder moments might be better for OBE’s, or maybe they indicate some sort of presence in the room?

For more about Tinnitus:
https://www.tinnitus-hyperacusis.com/About/Tinnitus/tinnitus.html

Yes. It Increases in volume dramatically and then goes back down again.

I rarely hear the buzzing unless i happen to concentrate on it for some reason. Interesting sound. I’m glad someone else has ringing in their ears increase volume sometimes, i was always wondering why it did that.

I have been suffering from tinnitus for a while now and find it quite annoying at times, especially when everything is quiet around me
:panic: After reading this topic, I decided to try to use it for something positive.

I went to bed and really concentrated on the sound as I was going through the stages of falling asleep. I held onto the sound as the reminder that I was conscious. As I started to go towards falling asleep, I started to experience the ‘vibrations’ and heavy body associated with OBEs and the like. Unfortunately, the adrenaline kicked in at this stage and brought me back to full consciousness. I was unable to repeat the experience.

I am glad that I have finally found a use for this noise, and I will be trying again to use it as I did before.

You mean like Highlander? :wink:

No Homer Simpson :cool:

Hi
I am not sure,but i think tinnitus and the “buzzing” isn´t the same.Tinnitus is some kind of illness,i think it is caused by too much stress.It is annoying,but nothing serious (i think).This is when the sound suddenly gets very loud and some time again vanishes.
The buzzing however is some kind of “normal” vibration of some parts of your ears.At least that is what some scientists say,i think in fact it isn´t really known why you can here such sounds.

Traumgänger

Is there anyway to purposely make that buzzing sound very loud. A few days ago I woke up and then went back to bed. And my ears made a loud buzzing noise. I concentrated on this buzz and it got very loud. Then I started seeing the outlines of windows form. Then I was suddenly dreaming conciously. The buzzing was actually still in my head for a few seconds as I was dreaming. Like 10 seconds. Then it just suddenly dissapeared. If I’m able to find out how to purposely make myself make the buzz and make it loud then I will be able to haev wilds every morning like I did that day. Other people should try it too.

The only way I know of to make it louder is to concentrate on the sound, and to harmonize with it, by saying a long “eee” in my head. The sound I hear is very close to “eee”, but if you hear a different pitch, you’d probably want to mentally repeat it as best you can. Even if I can’t hear it, simply saying that sound in my head will usually bring it on.

I’ve tried ear plugs and other things, but those don’t help me because they tend to amplify the sound of my own body, which then masks the buzz.

You might want to try different rooms and different buildings. When I was younger and regularly spent the night at a friend’s house, I noticed that I could always hear the sound loudly in the back rooms of the place… Dunno why.

The sound what I usually hear is like someone is tearing piece of paper right to my ear. Few times I’ve heard sound which resembles more like low frequency screaming, very hard to describe, but it’s not so nice sound. :smile:
But because it’s clear message that wild is starting, I dont mind :smile:

I had another WILD this morning using my new Buzz technique. It was a kinda weird dream since I levitated out of bed and was pushed across my floor from one side to another. Then when I yelled increase lucidity my vision got fuzzy. Then I woke. But very nice anyway to have a WILD. I’ve only had WILDs. Never have lucid dreams off of DILDs. Only time was years ago. It was a DILD and when I realized I tried to fly but couldn’t. I’ve only recently found out about Lucid dreaming a month or so ago. I’ve had 4 WILDs so far. I’ll be having alot more now. I’m only 15 since June 7th :cool: