Favorite Bands

A quick look through my record and mp3 collection reveals:
Tool (obviously, nearly everyone that listens to them thinks they’re awesome. Me included), The Mars Volta, At the Drive-In, Berg Sans Nipple, Nirvana (I used to be into them a lot, I have a lot of CDs), Beatles, The Locust (they’re … weird), Godspeed you! Black Emperor (some mp3s), Turbostaat (german punk), North of America.

Well, just a quick look. I don’t mind listening to other types of music (for example what I call “quality hip hop”) but I just don’t buy that type of stuff. Any creative and innovative music is acceptable for me, though. I don’t like people that just listen to “their” kind of music and don’t recognize the talent of other musicians that just approach music differently.

Placebo, HIM, Shpongle, S-Range, all of Simon Posfords compilations, Cradle of FIlth, Yahel, Sizzla, all fo them are great bands.
But if I have to choose a band that I like more then anything else it have to be Insane Clown Posse, and their brotherband Twiztid. :content:

Oohh I just listened to Zilent Zpott - World of Zilence. He’s really incredible!! Breathtaking chillout… same as Conjure One actually. Her voice… aaaaaahhhhh… Heaven :grin:

All who read this got to get some CDs with ANGEL TEARS, P.S.O.I., VIBRASPHERE, THREE POINT TURN and S-RANGE.

They are all very, very good chill-out-psytrance. :smile: Enjoy!

Thousand Foot Kruch and Audioslave all the way baby!

You people should take a listen to The Dresden Dolls if you have never heard their music. It is really interesting. From listening to it mostly the music is piano, drums and a little bass guitar. They are really impressive. I suppose the instrumentals is a bit like old Ben Folds Five, but their group isn’t anything like Ben Folds Five. Just check it out if you can download music.

AFI - All Out War - Anti-Flag - Arch Enemy - As I Lay Dying - Beyond The Embrace - Bleeding Through - Blood Has Been Shed - Cannibal Corpse - Chimaira - Deicide - Devildriver - Dimmu Borgir - Fear Factory - Glass Casket - God Forbid - Haste the Day - Hatebreed - Heaven Shall Burn - In Flames - Iniquity - Killswitch Engage - Lamb of God - Machine Head - Meshugga - Metallica - Mudvayne - Mushroomhead - NoFX - Opeth - Rise Against - Sepultura - Slipknot - Soulfly - Spineshank - Stone Sour - System of a Down - Throwdown - Tool - Unearth - Vehemence

PHEW! … Well, what can I say? Music is my life! :cool:

Linkin Park
Sum 41
Blink 182
Marilyn Manson
Saliva
H.I.M.
C.K.Y.
Rob Zombie
SR-71
Eminem
Adema
Hoobastank
Drowning Pool
Rage Against The Machine
KoRn
Deftones
Evanesence
Greenday
Nirvana
P.O.D.
Papa Roach :sly:

Man, this is weird

NOFX. the 'fits.

Anti-flag
CKY
Led Zepplin
Sublime
Nirvana
Bob Marley
Sparta
Ozzy
Atreyu
Armor For Sleep
Less Than Jake

I tend to like any kind of rock/reggae

I like pink floyd and the beatles the most I think…I also like led zeppelin, jimi hendrix, grateful dead, and the who. I also like some new music like linkin park and stuff. :content:

Gah… all the bad music! :wink: j/k.
My (uncomplete) list:

Xploding plastix
Elliott Smith
Jeff Buckley
Dinosaur JR
Guided by voices
Burzum (Don’t like the guy or his ideals though!)
Neil Yong
Roni Size
Wu-tang clan
Talib kweli
Mos def
DJ Hi-tek
DJ Shadow (+ lotsa ninja tune stuff)
Early 90’s Mark oh
Roots Manuva
Sebadoh
Jan Johansson
Big Youth
Weezer (the old stuff)
Townes Van Zandt
Johnny Cash
Gram Parsons
Will Oldham
Satyricon
er… it’s 3.20 am…

Well its obvious who my favorite band is. :cool:

I also like A Perfect Circle which also belongs to the singer from Tool

seems like a bunch of people like tool :grin:

Great list, only thing I don’t agree with is last band. Don’t get me wrong I love SoaD, just I don’t catogorize them as nu-metal. Not only because nu-metal sucks, but mostly because… well, too tired to explain myself, heres some quotes from a Maiden board: "I think the tendency is there to categorize them as nu-metal, but they’re so much better musically, lyrically and vocally that I think they don’t belong lumped in with that genre. " “I ll never understand why they get classified as NuMetal. Even though I cant get into some thier music I have to admit they have talent and they dont seem to want to to be in the GQ Tattoo category that Linkin Park is in.” “I’ve never understood why SOAD are lumped into the Nu-Metal category. Nothing they do or say has any bearing on those bands. In fact if you dig up the ‘101 rules of nu-metal’ thread, I bet you any money that SOAD do not fit one single thing in there” “I’ve always considerd them the same as the Deftones, they get lumped in with the nu-metal crowd when they arn’t even nu-metal” “Agree. Quite like Deftones as well, their music is quite unusual, and definitely NOT Nu-Metal. Their music is really hypotic, and I think has more in common with stober rock than anything else - its got a real groove to it.” Yeah and a whole lot more, anyways only thing I’d add would be Priest, but I’m still exploring more music…

I know it was a couple weeks ago. But I would just call SOAD modern rock. I don’t think there is not very much of a point to break it down further than that. Things are just harder than other things. People just assume genres for a lot of music and that is why I don’t rely on it.

Howie Day
Goo Goo Dolls
Dave Matthews Band
Number One Fan
Dashboard Confessional
Matchbox Twenty

And so much more but if I posted my entire list I’d bore you people to no end. (Assuming you actually decided to read it, which wouldn’t make much sense… y’know what?! I’m tired okay?)

Not many hip hop headz round here are there?

I like any good music but these days I mostly listen to:

Jurassic 5
Dilated Peoples
Edan the Humble Magnificent
Mr. Lif
MURS
Jehst
Phi Life Cypher
MF DOOM

etc. I likes my rap. :ok:

I don’t really like rap at all. Or any branch off of it. But there are some really good select groups in there.

N.E.R.D.
Outkast
Jurassic 5
The Roots

ok heres a few of mine, i love all kinds of stuff

Pink Floyd
U2
Radiohead
Kinesis :cool: fav band at the moment kinesis-official.co.uk/
Biffy Cliyro
Manic Street Preachers
Guns N’ Roses