My First WILD attempt - need opinions/tips for next attempt!

Hey, I just tried my first WILD attempt: heres how it went:

This attempt lasted for about an hour and 15 minutes - although it didnt seem like it was that long at all. Anyways, first I went into my bed, and tried to find a comfortable position. At first I tried laying straight on my back, but that didnt work very well, couldnt get comfortable - so I layed on my side, which is my normal sleeping position. I tried it twice in this session, the first one I just layed still, didnt get much paralyzation, but at the end I got a nice constant, yet small, vibration. I then for some reason broke that, and read a little bit more on what to do after that. So anyways my second try I got a lot further. This is the one that lasted an hour (i looked at my clock before I tried it, it was 12:14, and I looked after and it was 1:15). Anyways, I lay on my bed, on my side, and I tried to concentrate hard on what was appearing in front of my eye lids. I then started getting paralyzed on my feet, and then it slowly worked its way up into my upper legs. I then started getting very small vibrations on my legs. These went away though. I then started getting paralyzation on my hands, and forearms. I concentrated and waited longer and longer. My hands then became extremely paralyzed. My pinky felt as if it was like rock hard. But my stomach, back and chest never became paralyzed at all during this. My legs where a bit paralyzed, but no where near where my hands where at. I also got lots of muscle twitches during this session. Anyways, as I waited longer and longer. I started visualizing things in the back of my head, of people and other things. I usually can visualize very good with this. And as I did this, I got some pretty intense vibrations. I could hear my heart beating, and I was vibrating a lot. But one thing I noticed when I was visualizing and visualizing more about different things to keep my mind active, as the vibrations got intenser, the paralyzation started wearing off. I guess I was shaking so much I was moving and decreased my paralyzation. I then tried to concentrate on things in front of my eyelids, and the paralyzation came back - but little to no vibrations came.

I then stopped it and got up. My pinky was pretty much dead. I had to shake it a bit to restore life back into it.

Anyways, this is what happened, start to finish. I plan on tring it relatively soon, so please give me tips and other info on how to actual be successful and fall into the dreamstate lucid!

I am also puzzled on if I should visualize things in the back of my head, or try to morph/concentrate on things in front of my eyelids…

Any questions/comments are greatly appreciated!

thanks!

First, What helps me a lot is to either do a relaxation technique, meditation or, put myself into a trance using self hypnosis before doing anything else.

Second, I think you might be keeping yourself too much awake with active thought. As you said when you started to visualize different objects you started to wake up. IMO just visualize a simple object like a book or something. When you start to get HI be aware of them but do not get too involved with them. Let go of all your thoughts. If a thought comes into your head let it float away and bring your attention back to your visualization.

Was this a very intense shaking like you were having a seizure? If it was I have news for ya. You were dreaming. All you had to do was let go a tinny bit more and you would have found yourself into a dream environment.

yeah, it was sort of like a seizure. It was pretty intense muscle twiches/vibrations. Yeah, I guess that makes sense that I was dreaming - which explains the length of time it took.

The ‘seizures’ went on and off when I was tring to visualize things in the back of my head…

But what do you mean " All you had to do was let go a tinny bit more and you would have found yourself into a dream environment."

How do i ‘let go’…?

I didnt see any real images or anything, but definetely saw different shapes and colors form or HI. I tried to really concentrate on thsse because If i didnt they would go away.

Thanks for the reply.

oh by the way… i have 1 more question.

It makes sense that this would be a lot easier to fall into a dream state after doing a WBTB method… but is it possible to do it completely before sleep? If so, what would happen? You’d just have to wait a lot longer until you get into REM sleep or what?

edit:

yeah now that I think about it, I dont think i was DREAMING. Because at the near-end part right before the intense ‘seizures’ I had definite awareness of the physical world… i could hear my dog go into my room and lay down. I dont think i would be aware of that if i was dreaming right?

Believe it or not it is something that is kind of hard to explain but, not hard to do. In time you will learn to feel your way through it. What I mean is you want to get to the point where you mind is almost completely empty.

As you fall asleep consciously you will often encounter what I call the hypnogia. This is a barrier that separates the waking world from the dreaming world. In this border state is where you experience things like HI, SP, strange sounds and vibrations etc. The only way through this barrier (for me) is to be completely passive. I do not try to do anything and just keep emptying my mind and let it happen.

When I WILD I do not stay completely conscious like I am right now. I get to the point where my attention if focused on only one simple thing. That can be an image, breathing, counting or, what ever else works for you. All of your other thoughts are empty.

WBTB does make the WILD induction much easier. However, Yes you can do WILD without prior sleep. That is when I do relaxation tech, meditation, or self hypnosis. With WBTB you do not need to do that because you are already in a deep state of relaxation. I practice WILD both at bed time and with WBTB.

I just tried again for about an hour as well last night. I may have gotten farther, im not sure.

I didnt get the intense vibrations, but I got into a very deep sleep paralysis. I couldnt even move my left arm at all. This was starting to spread throughout my entire body. I also noticed it started going toward like the side of my stomach and that felt kinda weird. But anyways, im still not seeing any images, the only thing I really see underneath my eyelids are small speckles of dots. and other stuff like that. When do actual images or HI appear? What stage am I at? Am I almost there, what do I have to do… becasue im a little confused on when i am supposed to actually start seeing the images to get into a dream. Do I have to wait until my body is COMPLETELY paralyzed… like every single bodypart in my body is paralyzed or what?

Thanks!

The first thing you need to understand is that everyone experiences WILD differently. When you do WILD you may experience some all or none of the following:
=> SP
=> HI
=> Hypnotic sounds
=> Vibrations
=> Strange body sensations
=> Feeling like you are being pulled out of your body

Not everyone has these experiences. Lots of people have said that they just suddenly find themselves in a dream. If you are thinking when is sp going to happen or where is the HI you are staying too awake to WILD.

The key to a successful wild is not the possible symptoms of WILD (i.e. SP, HI vibrations) the key to WILD is :

=> letting go of almost all your conscious thought while you maintain your awareness on one small thing.

I do not know what WILD induction you use but, lets use breathing as an example. You start by focusing on your breathing. You will be very aware of your breathing and that you are paying attention to it. Other thoughts will come into your head but, simply let go of those thoughts and bring yourself back to your breathing. Once you able to focus solely on your breathing(or whatever) without other thoughts interfering start to let go even more. Bring yourself to where you are just slightly aware of you breathing. When things like SP or vibrations happen (if they happen) ignore them and again just focus on your breath. Just keep letting go more and more and don’t worry about anything else and just let things happen.

awesome, thank you… you’ve been a huge help

and yeah I do the breathing technique.

I’ll prolly try it again tonight :grin:

i’ll let you know how it goes