General plot for dreams

I found a general plot for most of my dreams. The idea came to me after watching a TV show that reminded me of alot of my dreams.

In the beginning anything you want to happen happens. As you progress through the night, things start to happen to you and only you. They are strange and yet seem quite normal. You can play around with the conflicts and master them in the early parts of the night. But as you go further into the night you have less and less control over the dream and it gives you a chance to have a nightmare and if you are not lucid you lose all powers you had earlier in the dream. Also objects that once worked now do not and you make weird realizations. Finally, something you don’t want to happen happens and you wake up.

you may wake up before parts of this plot have happened and you think you woke up from a good dream. This plot seems to be different lengths on given nights and seems to spans the whole night, maybe longer, maybe shorter, but more than 1 sleep cycle. If anyone else has noticed this or has anything to add or criticize I will be happy to respond

Sounds to me like you loose lucidity. This is something that happens to lots of people especially in the beginning. This will improve as you gain more experience. In the mean time you can help yourself by using techniques to increase lucidity periodically throughout the dream. It also would not hurt to remind yourself that you are dreaming several times during the dream.

I do not think that having a lucid dream will increase your chances of getting a nightmare later in a dream any more than a normal dream would. I have never had that problem anyway. If you expect it to happen though you subconscious has a funny way of giving you what you want.

sorry I wasn’t clear, I was talking about all of my dreams, ND 's mostly though

ww3ace,

Do you mean that in the first REM sleep of the night, all is easy, and it becomes more and more difficult in further REM sleeps ?
Does your ND plot continue all over the REM sleeps ? It seems that what you mean, cause you say : “seems to spans the whole night, maybe longer, maybe shorter, but more than 1 sleep cycle”.
Also, do you remember all your dreams in a night ? :eek:

Whenever I remember more that two or three dreams per night, the plot doesn’t continue through the dreams. For instance, this night :

Went to bed at 4h30 am.
1rst dream at 10h am : a dream about Napoleon at Moscow. Then a man come back to his flat, followed by a old woman, who finally appears to be his death.
2nd dream around 1h pm : with my family visiting China in a car. We stay by night in a strange city. Monsters attack us ! This ghost city doesn’t exist on maps, indeed.
3rd dream at 1h45 pm : lucid dream. In my bedroom. My parents come back home with an old aunt.

On the other hand, I often noticed that successive dreams in the same night could be interpereted in a same way, as they were different symbols and stories for the same thing.

yes
no
if i remeber 1 I remember most if not all of them

ww3ace,
After reading a lot about dream recall, I think it’s… say… very uncommon, to be able to recall dreams from another REM period than the last one.
To recall all the dreams from all REM periods, some experienced LDers have to wake up after each REM period.
Are you sure you recall them ? Or do you recall all the dreams of your last REM sleep ?
If I ask you this question again, it’s because I’m very interested in your topic and in dream plots, and I would like to verify if your “increasing difficulties” theory applies to just one or to many REM periods.