ND's about LD's

Every now and then I’ll have a dream where I’m explaining to someone the details and benefits of my favorite hobby, lucid dreaming. I’ll explain how to do reality checks, and the reasons for wanting to seek this rare mental state. I had this happen to me twice last week. I remember explaining to somebody very basic methods of RC, like I said “count how many people are here” because I knew there were four and I counted the people in the room and there were five. This should have tipped me off right away, but I just accepted it and assumed I had originally miscalculated. I do have LD’s far more often than this sort of thing happens, it’s just funny that I can be in a dream talking about LD’s and not stop to think I’m there right now. LD’s are one of my favorite topics of discussion, so I could see how I could end up telling people in my dreams about them. I need to work on my RC skills I guess. Oh well.

I had a ND where i slipped on the slippery high bridge and looked at the river and thought: i don’t need to fear anything, because lucid dreaming has taught me that. I didn’t realized that i can have one right then :tongue:

Lol… yes those kind of dreams are pretty common. But really annoying sometimes! And yes, raising your critical attitude can be the solution, for instance by doing more profound RCs. The you’ll recognize what’s going on, instead of falling into one of the many pitfalls of the subconsciousness :smile:

I had one of those, I think the real term is dream within a dream

or at least mine was

I told a DC to tell me I was dreaming in a SD so I dreamt that I dreamt I was lucid

cant say that ive dreamt that i dreamt i was lucid. hehe. thats akward sounding. i cant even be lucid :razz: