CILD--BenDrummin58's Method

I tried last night, but I just did it at my normal bed time (alarms at 4 in the morning anger my room-mates). I lost count around 150ish and drifted off to sleep. I ended up dreaming that I was in a class room, and at the front of the room was a little kid counting up. Well, I think he was counting up. I’m not sure because all I heard was him say the number 400 and when I heard that I remembered I was going to do a reality check. I did and sure enough I was dreaming.

I don’t now how much I tried this method, but sometimes when i wake up middle in the night i decide to try this.

Three times I had a little luck with this method… but… they go like this:
i start counting, and i keep trying to focus on my counting… after a while, when i almost fall alseep, i stop counting (but my sub-c keept counting or something)… and then i’m in a kind of black void, a bit confused/not completely awake in my mind/with strange toughts (can’t explain it good)…
i’m aware of my body,… but it feels like my body is “larger” and “ghostlier” than it actually is…

i’m partially conscious for a while… and then i drift back to sleep.

the problem is I don’t see anything, I’m not completely awaken (a little confused, like you’ve waken up from deep delta sleep),… and i feel my strange-feeling body.

how can i induce a LD from this?

Seems like you got nice tech here Ben.Theres like …hmmm…3 or 4 ppl saying they had ld ,some that it was their 1st ld ever.Good job:)
I just wanna add one thing to the text you have pasted up there.
Those intentions “next time im at work” or “next time i see ben” work much better if they are based on dreamsigns taken from ones dream diary.This is a kind of combo.the way MILD works.
Have a diary.Look for things that repeat.Base your reality checks(intentions) on things most often in your dreams.
Anyways…this method sounds just simple enough for me to try,ill give it a go:)
Oh,one more thing…sometimes you dont need to do that waking up at night.When ones feels very sleepy(in a sleep debt) theres a fair chance REM will start straight away.
take care:)

Hio i was trying this teck again… I woke up this time but i couldent go back to sleep:( but an LD thanks to it anway :happy:

good things :happy:

I had another LD yesterday :grin: !! This time, I didn’t stray from the counting, but when I reached 60 I felt that body turned into a gas and I knew I was dreaming, and the nose test confirmed that! It was also the longest LD I’ve ever had!

I’ll keep on practising this technique, it seems to work quite well with me.

Thanks!

Dark Sider, did you use this technique after sleeping for 4-5 hours? or did you use it without sleeping at all? how hard did you focus on counting? did you visualize the numbers?

I have tried this tech severl times now, but I seem to always fall asleep really fast. I got to 10 today before falling asleep. A few days ago I lost count at about 20 and then continued counting, I didn’t think that I might have been in a dream by then :ack:

JaRoD…try counting to like 30 or something. Instead of 400.

void wrote:

Yes, I wake up after sleeping for almost 4.5 hours, i didn’t use an alarm clock, since I can wake up at 4.5 hours after sleep at will. But I guess the point is to be in the REM target zone. When I realise I’m awake, I move carefully to make myself comfortable without becoming too awake. I sleep on my back. I don’t focus on the counting very much, I allow other thoughts to interfere, but when they do, I notice them and gently restart the counting. I tried visualizing the numbers, but it kept me too awake.
Don’t get frustrated if it doesn’t work, just have a playful attitude and tell yourself that it will work someday.
Good luck!

I think it’s great that you found a method that works for you, but to me this sounds exactly like how LaBerge described WILD in his book. If there’s difference please point it out to me, but even if there is it can’t be big enough for you to claim it as your own. I tried this and it didn’t work for me and there was a side-effect of not sleeping the rest of the night, but that’s not why I’m bashing it. I don’t mean anything to you personally.

Just my thoughts.

I still seem to have trouble doing the counting part. I think I forgot to count last night when I reached maybe 5 and then I just fell asleep :cry: I guess I will have to try harder tonight and make sure that I count and not just fall asleep.

Oh man, I wish I could fall asleep by counting to 5.

That would be the life…

I should clarify that I have an alarm clock to wake me up after about 4.5 hours of sleep. That’s when I try the counting tech or if I happen to wake up at any other time. That’s why I fall asleep so fast :bored: It usually takes anywhere from 20 minutes to 1 hour to fall asleep when I go to sleep at night.

FixingFlare…i didnt know LaBerge had this tech…i dont have his book yet. And…i named it Bendrummin58’s Method…because i didnt want people to get it confused with the Third Eye method. that is also called CILD…its like charka or something.

I can get that ghostly sensation at will, I think you were just imagining it happening, not dreaming, there is a small difference. At least that is how I do it, only with more concentration and tell myself it is actually happening.

I sort of got this tech to work last night, but I did get a little help. As usual I had counted to about 10 when I stopped for some reason and I was just laying there on my bed when suddenly a zombie like person said something to me. I got up and realised that I was dreaming. I’m thinking that whenever one looses count and/or stops counting for some unknown reason. Then you should to a RC, I will keep trying this tech :grin:

i got my first LD this month with this. i tried it three times i think before it worked (well, i always did my rc before 400)… the first and second rc’s (i just press the backlight button on my watch, it works miracles) i was still awake, the third one my whole arm started flickering (it was really funny)… very vivid though, i think one of my most “life-like” dreams ever.

i got way too excited though and i couldn’t even move (i tried getting up but i felt paralyzed)… so i just woke up within 10 seconds or so.

:smile: i’ll be trying this more (i read about this technique somewhere else before, cause i’ve been trying it for a long time now… i don’t remember if it was in “Exploring the world of lucid dreaming” or these boards somewhere…)

I think the variation was to count to 50, and add 50 more to your count (and start over, of course) after each reality check. so you count 0-50, RC… then 0-100 RC, 0-150 RC and so on.

this seems very interesting, because i think that’s when i was doing my rc’s… i usually lost count at around 200 and did an RC, thinking 200 was long enough for me to fall asleep…

I’ll try that too.

yep, it worked again… this time i had a really long LD and I didn’t lose lucidity until I woke up.

I don’t know exactly what I’m doing, but i do know I stop counting several times each try, trail off in other thoughts, then start counting again then wonder what the hell is happening… do an rc and yaay, i’m dreaming. it’s really weird, but it somehow seems to work for me.

im glad that it works for you MeusOpusMagnus :smile: