FINALLY HAD MY FIRST LD! (and some questions)

Well I finally had my first LD :smile:

I woke up in my bed and felt like I should do a RC, so I plugged up my nose and too my suprise I could breath. So then I tried to get out of bed and at first I had a hard time getting out because I couldnt see anything (pitch black for some reason) and everything felt sluggish. I eventually got my sight back and decided to do the hand RC, but for some reason my hands were normal (why?) I then decided to get out of this setting because it was only a house (not even my house at that) so I started spinning with my eyes closed and when I reeopened them I was dissapointed to find I was in the same place. So rather than risk messing up the LD I decided to just explore the house. So I walked a little bit I then when I was like in a hallway I decided to try and fly. I jumped in the air but fell back down, so then I remembered what someone on this site had said, and I imagined some light pushing me up, but it still didn’t work (maybe because I was indoors?). So then I decided to try and leave this boring house by going outside, on my way to finding the door I decided to see if I could conjure up a woman so I decided to imagine a woman standing around the corner, but when I got to the corner no one was there :sad:. So then I went back to finding the door out, but since I couldnt find it, I instead experimented with putting my hand through a wall, I put both my hands through the wall and sorta became one with the wall. I then decided to try something else (another thing from this site) I made a hole in the wall with my finger or fist (dont know) and I started humping the hole ROFL. Well it suprisingly felt pretty good and I felt like I was about to cum, but before I could my dream ended lol. Funny thing is a few seconds after I woke up I was still humping my bed rofl. All in all it was a pretty good first lucid dream, but I wish I could have gone somewhere more interesting. I also have decided to not try to have sex with anything in my next dream because that could have caused my dream to end too early. Now that Ive explained what happened, I have a few questions

1. Why didn’t the hand RC work when the nose one worked flawlessly?

2. Why didn’t the spinning trick take me to another place?

3. Why couldn’t I fly?

4. Another thing I noticed was that I remember being somewhat awed by the fact that everything felt pretty realistic (even though I doubt this one was @ high lucidity), but then when I woke up I lost some of that feeling and it felt more like a dream, not something that I had actually done (hard to explain) why?

1. Why didn’t the hand RC work when the nose one worked flawlessly?

Because RC’s doesn’t work where you flawlessly recreate/redream reality. You should be happy it didn’t work in a way :smile:

1. Why didn’t the spinning trick take me to another place?

That requires training on your personal methods. Everybody finds methods that enable them to do things easier - it is an individual thing. Usually I don’t get to another place at all. I haven’t found my method yet.

1. Why couldn’t I fly?

This is a tough one. Practice.

1. Another thing I noticed was that I remember being…

This is a usual thing. It also happens to normal dreams. It has to do with memory. Try to think back on a normal memory of something that happened last week. I’m sure you can find a way to make it feel dreamlike as well, not being able to remember everything in detail. Dreams tend to become distorted very quickly in memory if you don’t write them down in detail as soon as you can after you had them.

:smile:

Sometimes RC’s fail, that’s just how it is. Good thing you tried two of them… The nose RC works almost all the time, the hand RC is a good backup, but don’t rely on it completely.

It just doesn’t, sometimes. When I tried it, it just woke me up. Either it will never work for you, or it was just this dream, and you’ll have better luck next time.

Sometimes flying takes practice. I’m much better at it than when I first started. You should try different flying techniques. Try imagining the world around you moving, so you fly, instead of your body moving. That works for me.

This happens with every one of my LDs, and the same probably goes for everyone here. It can be disappointing when you wake up, but don’t let that keep you from trying to get more LDs

Dude! This exact same thing happened to me, and I’ve actually had 2 LD’s, but when I wake up, am dissapointed, because, It just feels like a dream, and not like something that I’ve done for real…
I made a whole thread about this, and its the reason I gave up on LD’ing… :sad:

Maybe though, when youve had more LD’s, itll seem real after you wake, I dunno… I hope so though.