Is it bad to kill a DC?

I had a very lucid dream today. I would love to go into the details of it. Right now, I’d just like someone to help out. Well, during my dream I was looking for my son. We had just gone through something truly tragic and I couldn’t find him. During my search I kept seeing this man from afar. He gave me the creeps. To make a long dream short I killed this man but the unnerving part is that I was lucid when I did. It scares me just to repeat it. Is it bad to kill someone in your lucidity?

I figure, after typing the above question. I’ll post my dream so that if someone would like to read it, they can.

Peruse this. A simple search for “killing AND DCs” found it.

I personally see nothing wrong with killing DCs, as they are all just a part of your imagination… I think it sounds like a nice way of getting rid of some stress or anger.

I personally dont go around killing people for no reason though, cause i just dont get any pleasure from doing so.

I agree with you but, we already have several threads on this topic you can find the killing dream characters here:

ld4all.com/forum/?https://ld4all. … php?t=5688

ive killed DC too. sometimes just for fun. hehe. like i was playing grand theft auto and i had a LD later that month…hehe…and i went on a killing spree. you dont have to feel bad…because its all pretend!

Thanks for the those of you who have responded. The links are greatly appreciated:)

hey nowater…the dream police were here lookin for you, warrant in hand…

I think it all depends on how you interprete DCs. If you think they’re just illusions of the mind, then it’s probably ok to kill them. If you believe they’re symbols of your inner psyche, containing some sort of message, then you’ll probably have more troubles with killing DCs. So I don’t think there’s one straight answer to the question whether or not it is a bad thing to do.

And you have those topics too :
Rights of dream character, part I :
https://community.ld4all.com/t/rights-of-dream-characters/9903
and part II :
https://community.ld4all.com/t/rights-of-dream-characters-part-2/10224

Anyway, beware of the “Lucid Society for Protection of the Dream Characters” and of the “League for Defending DC Rights Dreamwide” ! :rofl:

i agree with this. if you believe (like i do) that dreams are often times messages from the subconscious, killing a DC is probably an easy way out of some sort of inner struggle, but it won’t necessarily solve the conflict (then again, i guess it depends on the conflict). i think it’s better to try and deal with “evil” DC’s in less violent ways.

if you like reading and you have spare time on your hands try Man and his Symbols by Jung, it’s a relatively easy book (as in written for those with little to no knowledge of psychology) dealing with symbols in dreams and the subconscious (and a whole bunch of other things)… many people don’t like Jung, so i guess here too it is a matter of personal opinion.

Nowell_Nowater

Are you more confused now then you were before?

As you will see many people have different opinions on this. The only thing that is important is how do you feel about it. Since killing the DC is something that has concerned you that would seem to suggest that you might want to consider avoiding that activity in future dreams. Lucid dreams should be fun. Not upsetting. Are you a “bad person” because you killed that one DC. In my opinion no. Also it is not likely to cause you any long term psychological problems either. At worst in my opinion you may have lost an opportunity to learn what that character represented in your dream. If you can try and let go of you guilt about this.

Good luck

since we already have some deep discussions about the rights of DC’s and killing of DC’s - the links are already mentioned in the replies - this one is now locked.