'Did I dream or did I imagine' question

I am new. Only started reading on LD since yesterday when I was browsing misceleneous stuff.

I think I’m one of those people who probably dream, but do not remember doing so. I call this ‘not dreaming’ even if I know I do.

Though now I’m not sure if I do or don’t remember dreaming.

I relaxed, breathed in and tensed, breathed out and untensed, trying my best not to think of that one song (with only partial success) while remembering myself that I’ll go to sleep, and wake up while remembering.

I woke up at around 5:30ish. I don’t remember if I had a recolection of a dream or not. All I know is that I went back to sleep * ^^ *

I woke up around 7:30 next. This is the confusing part. I’m not sure if I was awake or still asleep, if I was dreaming or not, or if I was remembering a dream, or if I was day-dreaming live to myself.

I wrote both of what I remembered down anyway.

Is there a way to tell if one is dreaming, or if one is imagining live when they are awake? A tad confused, because if I was day-dreaming as opposed to remembering a dream, then I’m probably not going in the right direction.

Good god man! Could that be any more confusing?
Well, as far as I understand it, your wondering if you were having a vivid day dream or if you were actually dreaming. I consider both to be dreaming and both are just as good in my books. Daydreams are usually pretty easy to spot due to low picture quality and an easy realization that you are actually awake and these are just pictures in your mind. Whereas real dreams are much more in depth and of a quality near to that of waking life, as well as being vastly more difficult to figure out whether or not you are dreaming.

And Welcome! Make yourself at home.

Okay. They might have been day-dream.

I’ll just keep at it then ^^ I’m setting my alarm clock for school tonight, so I’ll put it earlier, keep my mentra, and see if I can make out something.

I agree with Nathan Roy: daydreams are not as coherent and clear as real dreams; they’re more like hypnagogic imagery sometimes, and usually I think they feel quite different than normal dreams.

Yes keep practicing! That’s the only way to make any progress :smile:

Good luck with it! :smile:

PS. Welcome on the forum Rathanos! :happy:

I would suggest (and I have really made this up on the spot) that saying that you have trouble remembering is better. Nobody knows how to make themselves dream. We all know how to remember things. Get it? :smile:

Yeah, I guess I should have explained myself better :smile:

It’s by blacksmithing that one becomes a blacksmith. And dreaming that one becomes a…uhm… a dreamer. Doesn’t sound very professional ^^

Okay, this morning failed horribly.

I was going to wake up at 5 instead of 6, drink the other half of the glass and stuff… I went to sleep telling myself I’d wake up after a dream and I’d remember it. I had drank half of it (possibly with not enough conviction, however).

I woke up at around 3. Good enough news I think. I drank the water and laid down, but nothing came by. In fact, I fell asleep without my noticing it.

Then I woke up at around 6:50 O.o Oops? When I checked my alarm, it was off. O.o how? Don’t know. It’s a switch. arrgh

So now I was in a rush to get ready. sigh