My method and views on shared dreaming

[color=indigo]Hello fellows,
Alright so now I will explain to you all, my method which is similar to some already in existance with some differences. I will also tell you about my experiments with meeting people in dreams, when you sleep miles away. :content:

the LSD method (patent pending…whatever that means :eh: )
This is similar to WILD i believe. First is the preperation, everytime I think about it during the day I picture a concert hall in my head, and keep thinking about that same theatre. I get into bed every night at the same time. I put on headphones with relaxing music playing, which I put on loop or whatnot so it plays the whole night. Then I picture a concert hall or theathre (not to detailed as this can confuse me and mess it up, just a general easy to picture in your head music hall) While picturing this place, I also picture two men one playing a piano and one playing a violin. Eyes closed and focusing on nothing but the music and the picture of these men playing this music in the hall, it’s like daydreaming (i’m good at that and have lots of practice from school) If all goes well I fall asleep and start dreaming about the music hall just as I had pictured it in my head. The entire music hall itself is a reality check. When I first had this dream a few times I would do other RC’s but later realized in waking life that the entire music hall could be used just as easily as an RC in itself. Since that time I’ve somewhat trained myself to recognize this place and right away notice"I’m dreaming!" There are doors around the music hall that can lead to anywhere you can imagine.
I prefer classical music like beethoven, or classic rock old stuff like pink floyd the beatles the who. Pick something you listen to very often and something that doesn’t have parts of the song that go from very quiet to quite loud all the sudden (pink floyd - time) that song if you know what I mean. Good luck if anyone thinks this can work for them go for it, that patent thing was not serious I don’t even think that’s possible to get one for this kinda thing. Change it to fit yourself and try different things.

Now, what I have found about this shared dreaming…I’m sad to say that after careful studies(haha careful…me careful, yeah right) I’ve come to the conclusion that shared dreaming is nothing more then a fantasy. If the two people have the idea to have a shared dream with someone, there subconcious causes them to have a dream in which they meet that person even if lucid, and causes that dream character to respond in a"oh I found you this is awesome" kind of way. Both people have seperate dreams. Even if the people decide on a place they both know well to dream and meet, and become lucid, go there and find the other person and talk to them and it seems as though they had a shared dream, if each person tells the dream character something, each person does not recieve the other persons message, thus it is just a dream character and a figment of your imagination.
Now as for out of body experiences…I leave that up to someone else to discover… :wink:

~Eric~[/color]

It is an idea (not a bad one), only then the question stays…what is that subconciousness.
It can be even simpler…and that is it could be telepathy.
Also explain why its so rare, because if its telepathy, then also talent for telepathy walks in and both ppl need to have that talent.
But that also is just an idea, nothing proven yet!

Its a rare thing anyway, shared dreaming!

Jeff

I’m pretty much in agreement with Jeff. Saying that shared dreaming is fantasy is just like everyone saying that lucid dreams were just dreams in which the participants THINK they are having a waking dream when in fact its just a normal dream. This was actually how science thought before Le Berge proved it, Btw some skeptics still think lucid dreams are fantasy!

Shared dreaming might or might not be “real”, lucid dreaming was far easier to prove as a much higher percentage of the population have them. I’ve had what I would say to be a shared dream, my reasons for thinking that it not “fantasy” as you say are this.

1. I never told this person I had an intrest in dreams (lucidity etc). I’m sure many people on this forum can appriciate this. Intrest in dreaming somehow makes it feel like your one step away from announcing you can levitate or something.

2. We dreamed about each other but we dreamed about each other in the same place and doing actions that appear in each others dreams about the same subject.

The odds of this freind of my’n saying on that particular day as we popped out to the pub “I had a dream with you in last night!” Then going on to detail a dream in the same house with the same theme and actions is extremely high (not impossible I’ll admit but millions to 1). I could have dreamt we met in a burger bar on Mars or a dream about her taking the trash out when all I wanted to do was play my basson in the garden. The possibilities were endless. But we both dreamed about a very very specific subject in the same house.

If you want to dismiss shared dreaming you either have to think I’m lieing or deluded or it was just a extreme co-incidence, you can’t think it was just “fantasy”.

I agree with Jeff that if shared dreaming is reality then the best explaination is unconciuos telepathy as oppose to astually meeting on a dream plane. The dream plane/space might be described as the same, er say a desert space with an oasis of red doors but actually this is only the minds way of making sense of the data. A little like your computers OS (winXP, Mac OS) makes sense of the machine code for you.

I see what you are saying, I guess I shouldn’t say it’s fantasy, maybe I just suck at it :content:

As far as I know I only had one shared dream (who knows how many you might be having if you told every dream you had to everyone you know) in 31 years of being alive so as you can see its not like learning a skill or anything. I think if you try for them and tell others who are in your dreams you might have “more” chance of a shared dream but still I recon they are relatively rare.

If its telepathy, then its really about talent!
The best tech then to do it would be using hypnosis in your ld.
It happens in hypnosis that the hypnotised person answers to a question the hypnotist has to make yet. so only has in his head and has to say it yet.
If telepathy exist (i keep it neutral for pro and anti believers in it) of course its logic then that the waking form of telepathy, when our conscious is not filterted out is way weaker then in a trance (or rem sleep) or deep sleep stage.
So best would be taking 2 talented ppl at elast very empathic and then train them in self hypnosis for use in their lucid dreams.
And then of course do test, real good test to check if the results are clear.

I only very recently tried to get a freind of my’n to hypnotise me with the purpose of asking me to WILD from her suggestion. I didn’t seem to be able to be hypnotised but we reversed the situation and much to my shock she did become hypnotised. I really shouldn’t have reversed our roles as she had only LD’d from deep dream and I got a little flustered that she was hypnotised and her breathing became very odd so I woke her.

I’ve always suspected the person I had a shared dream with to be if such things are true, to be more natural with psi etc. I’ve always had very odd experiences dog me so maybe your right about the choice of people. However I personally think that if true, psi is like playing the guitar, some people are just naturals whilst for others its almost impossible but given time "everyone can learn a tune or two.

I think that the Ganzfeld cocoon would be the best state to test this skepdic.com/ganzfeld.html be warned that link is to the skepic dictionary :neutral:

Well can anyone do telepathy or whatever? Like if they practice and try hard, or is it something you are born with, like you have it or you don’t have it?

Can we all be DAvinci’s or rembrandts or van goghs or einsteins?
No!

We dont have all the same talent for things and some are very talented, most are average and some totally not talented at all.
you need talent for telepathy, and your born with it or not.
You cant learn from books.
In the west much is made like fast food.
We dont want to accept clearly we cant control everything or cant grasp anything.
In the far east they say it takes 20 to 30 years of meditation to become totally empty of mind. Thats delta waves.
so u can learn, if u have some talent but not on the west method of haste, by reading a book and presto.
Really art/talent ask for true dedication and time.
And because of that talent that is needed for the contact between the two dreamers shared dreaming is so rare.

Yes westen quick fix mentality it doesn’t help around subjects like this especially with the testing which also comes from a westen scientific background. “You should be able to turn these things off and on like a light bulb anything else is just not science in our book.”

This is what I’ve thought for years, my skill is definately having an empty non thinking mind. I’ve got plenty of links to zen sites at the Lucid Crossroads they are definately worth a look for lucid dreamers but I fear most people would not have the patience with real zen practice.

I image it must be hard for someone who thinks alot, goes over the day to come before sleep etc, to me it sounds like torture how does your brain rest?