Do you trust yourself when Reality-Checking?

say in real life, u are approached by someone. and that someone happens to be YOU, albeit your future self. that person tells you he is from the future, 25 years from now, and that in his year, time travel was invented. he then goes on to say things that would happen in the next few hours that you should avoid.

will you trust that person, knowing that doing so is acknowledging the fact that he is actually YOU?

different people would answer this differently. some being sceptics that this will not happen EVER. i guess all of us have different planes of understanding and trust issues towards strangers, which leads me to the RC issue. i can then deduce that RC may not work for everyone, since not everyone is identically open-minded, to disclaim a very vivid experience as a Lucid Dream, just by playing a preset array of actions such as counting fingers or pinching self.

some of that people includes me, sad to say. i can enter a dream and take a look at my fingers and laugh when i see seven thumbs. i can also proceed to proclaim that I AM DREAMING. what happens after that? will there be a bell that chimes to say ‘eureka’? if i know that i am LDing, yet see the dreamscape around me change against nature (although under my control), surely i would feel that this isnt a reality at all. i would expect my sub-c to try to turn me back into nonlucid dreaming, following which i would have to RC again.

this is probably a newbie question in maintaining lucidity because i have read many posts of how people have had multiple dreams, each one scrapped and a new one following due to the dreamer realising into LD each time. until finally, the dreamer gave up and stoppped RCing, and the subconscious allowed the dream to continue and finish because it was no longer being challenged.

i need help in trusting my RC. so much so that once i have achieved lucidity, i cant be turned back by my sub-c, that IT will giveup trying to turn me instead of vice-versa. to the point that i can step into molten lava and know that i will not be hurt.

Yes, of course. But I will make a RC as soon as he turns his back ! :grin:

You said it has really happend ! :sad:

What is very very strange in dreams, (this point is not such obvious that it could seem at first ) is that you can wonder if you are dreaming or not, and not be able to decide.
As this never occurs in RL, this could be an ultimate RC ! Why do we always believe in our dreams that we are in real live ? You’ll say : it’s the subconscious. But why would the subconscious prohibit us that we know we are dreaming ? And if it actually did, we would never find a clue that we are dreaming. :confused:

johntitor.com anyone?

hmmm
after you fail a couple of RCs it starts to dawn upon you until yes you have taken off your panse and flying around screaming “I AM DREAMING!!!”

ROFL

If someone from the future approached me happened I’d probably realise it was a dream right away.

It would depend on if the person looked like an older version of you, wouldn’t it? :cool:

There are several techniques out there for staying lucid. I’ll not list them all here, because the post would have been so long nobody would read it.

And if you expect your sub-conscious to torn your lucidity off, the chance for it actually happening is greater. Believe in yourself and you can do it.

Enjoy your first LD :happy: