Hard to breathe

The last few days I have reached a point where it felt like it was getting hard to breathe while I was trying to WILD before going to bed. And this also happened once when I was meditating during the day. I have been counting while visualizing the numbers to reach the relaxed state. I also start to feel strange in my hands and it’s like they aren’t really there any more or that I can’t feel them.

I haven’t had this before that I can remember and I haven’t gotten any HI or SP while this happened. But I did start to get the feeling of SP in my body after relaxing for a while longer after I found it hard to breathe. I’m just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I think this could be because I have been sleeping too much during the last days and that I’m just too aware when it happens. :help:

sounds like the begining of SP … it only feals like you cant breath but let it ride and dont panik… thats what im goin to do next time it happens to me…

Yes, it does indeed sound like the beginning of SP. Let it flow. And if you hear sounds, DO NOT PANIC. That is the beginning of HI.

yea, it was hard to breathe for me too in my only successful WILD so far, so i would say you are close to something there.

I have managed to WILD several times before. And I have had HI and SP lots of times too, and I have had my heart beating really hard. But this has never happened to me before. But yes it’s probably that I’m close to WILDing. I was just hoping someone would have experienced the same thing before. Maybe this happens when I get HI or when I WILD, but I just don’t notice it until now.

It’s just that it’s hard to get past the hard to breathe thing :bored:

Lots of people experience this when they WILD. I know I have. Like what was mentioned above you just have to ignore it and ride it out. What is happening is your body is going to sleep and your subconscious is taking over the responsibility of regulating your breathing. You are breathing however, you just don’t feel it anymore. I hope that explains things better for you. What works for me (I don’t know if this will make sense to you) is I let go of more of my consciousness and move my attention up into my mind paying no attention to my real body.

Anyway you were very close so keep practicing.

Ok thanks, milod789. It’s just that I’m just so aware that I can’t shift my focus away from my breathing when is gets hard to breathe :bored: Must be because I’m counting and visualizing the numbers that I’m very aware. But since I have my focus away from reality my body must be falling asleep. So I guess that if I manage to go deeper, I might WILD into a very high-lucidity LD :cool:

Just hang in there and keep practicing. You will eventually just feel your way through it. It takes time and practice but, as dedicated as you are I know you will do it. Yes going deeper or letting go of more of your consciousness is the key. That is the hardest part about doing WILD at bed time is that things go slow so you have to have patients to work your way through it.

Happy Dreaming

I was about to post the exact same thing again, lucky thing that I used search first :razz: I haven’t really tried WILDing when going to sleep the past few months, but yesterday I managed go get SP when going to sleep :content: I got SP and I managed to keep myself quite calm this time, but I couldn’t get over the feeling that I couldn’t breathe :bored: Guess I’ll just have to practice :grin:

If you find it hard to overcome this, i think you should try to move your focus on something other than your body. Just counting (i find this hard because i tend to synchronise this with my breathing) or, imagining stuff (looking in the HI, blackness, something like that).

It happened to me… Though many people say it is not dangerous or something, it is still an annoying thing. When I was only beginning to do WILD, it was so interesting, with this noise and bumping and so on. But when I was reading posts of cool astral projectors :smile: , they kept saying that it is called “vibrations” and these vibrations will go away with progress. I was looking forward to this time. Stupid! Because as soon as I could no more concentrate on the vibes, I could only think about my body, and this problem with breathing appeared…
I don’t have such a strong will to “ride it”, so the only way for me not to wake up is creating hypnagogia. Just like Isaac said (I wouldn’t make this post if I hadn’t typed it already :shy: ) If I concentrate on a song or something like that, I can begin to hear it and concentrate on this sound. It helped two times, but usually I forget to prepare to it and fall out. :cry:

I got SP again last night, and I only had to lie in bed 20 minutes before it happened :cool_laugh: Seems like I’m able to get SP whenever I try if I’m able to lie still for long enough. I tried switching focus over to my eyes last night but since I had been focusing on my breathing for that long I couldn’t stay focused on what I saw :sad: I also tried again this morning but I couldn’t lay still for long enough to get any SP and I actually wanted to get some sleep instead since I won’t be able to sleep that much tomorrow. But atleast I didn’t fall asleep like I usually do when I try something in the morning :cool_laugh: Seems like I have enough willpower and practice to be able to keep my brain from falling asleep when I focus on my breathing.

I often have trouble breathing as well when attempting a WILD. I have to make sure that there is NOTHING on my chest, my arms…even a blanket…or else it feels like a ton of bricks weighing down on me.

However I have had this difficulty in breathing carry over into my actual LDs and it is very distracting. At times I am very aware of my sleeping body even as I LD, and there were times when I felt as though I was gasping for breath or breathing through a straw…it was so distracting it woke me up from my lucids. Though, I’ve managed to get past all the “weird shit” that your body does/feels while you are LDing.

I don’t know if this makes any sense, but sometimes when I LD/AP I feel like I leave body parts behind (a chunk of my head, a leg, an eye) so I go through the dream with one eye or a chunk of my head missing. So bizarre but I just learn to accept it and go with it. :content:

Here we go again :roll: seems like I don’t have the patience to practice WILD when going to sleep too often by the looks of things… I seem to get insomnia if I fail with my WILD attemt when going to sleep so that’s probably why I don’t do it that often.

And I still have the breathing problem :razz: oh, well this time I’ll practice more… probably… hopefully… :wink:

i have a breathing problem when doing WILD…it always feels like im choking

This just happened to me 2 nights ago, but I didn’t see this topic!

What happened was, it was my first time trying WILD. I got to the part where I could see HI. All of a sudden my body went “heavy” and I couldn’t breath AT ALL. I tried opening my mouth to breath, but that didn’t work either. I don’t think it was SP though, because I could move. I got up and ran to the kitchen to get water, and then I could breath again.

It was slightly difficult for me to get up at first, but not that bad. Maybe it was a very very weak SP?

same problem here, ive been trying to stop thinking of my breathing but to no avail, eventually i can feel huge vibrations but they only last for a few seconds (bout 20) then its all silent again and im still awake :tongue:

This happened in my 1st and only WILD too. I didn’t feel myself breathing anymore, but I did not worry, because I soon found myself entering a dream, so I knew everything was alright.

P.S: I like your sig., Zero.

I had this happen to me last night too. It was my third time to try WILD and I normally dont sleep well when it doesnt work, so this time I combined VILD and WILD…instead of couting, I said and visualized a dream in my head over and over and it seemed like maybe 5 minutes later I could not feel my toes. I hadnt moved in a while but I could, if i wanted, it just felt tingly. I noticed my heart rate was very rapid and my breathing was shallower. I couldnt calm down, but eventually fell asleep and did not remember my dreams. :sad:

Also, I noticed that whenever I stopped saying the dream, and focused on HI I could feel waves over me and my eyes twitched rapidly, as if in REM…I think?

Once, when I was trying to WILD, it felt like I was being pushed through a very tight tunnel. Not only was it hard to breathe, but I was very hot, and I had the sensation of immense pressure all over. It got so hot that I had to stop.[/b]