Could a vivid memory be considered as a WILD?

Hey everyone,

[color=green]I have been holding this question in for a while now. Every chance I get I search more and more on the forum but can’t seem to find an answer.

Could a vivid memory be considered as a WILD? For example, from time to time I could be talking to a friend, listening to music, doing chores, etc… and something will trigger a memory. And I’m talking like way back. At the time I have this memory I can remember everything almost as if I’m there again. I hear the person I was talking to at that time, stand in the same place, remember how the sunlight hit my face. As I said before it is with such great detail that I feel like I’m there again but with the memories of today. Almost as if I could just touch whatever is closest to me.[/color]
Any suggestions/comments will be appreciated.
Thanks

Wake Induced Luicd Dream?

That is hard to tell Nowell!
In almost all cases the answer would be a no!

There is a connection thats true and thats your memory!
But to call a day dream a real dream, or a memory a dream, rem sleep?

If those memories really would be the same as dreaming, rem sleep.
Do u think they are?

hmm I dont think vivid memory can be considered WILD, I know that when you are using WILD before sleep that a vivid memory really helps because WILD I believe is visualizeing somthing then going straight into what you were visualizeing as a LD (counting method, while visualizeing going down stairs as said in the wiki book) I wish I could develop a vivid memory.

Dont take my word for anything but I would try an use your vivid memory with a WILD indusion, or maybe a WBTB/WILD indusion I hear those work better.

But I think you had a case of the daydreams :wink:

I agree, that you probably had a case of day dreaming. Perhaps something the other person said triggered a memory. Who knows?

Hmm, I DO think that if you think of a memory like that while trying to go to sleep, when you’re asleep, perhaps the rest of the memory will be you’re dream? Hmm, this would be an interesting experiment.

Thanks for the responses.

See, this is how I saw the memory. When I have memories like that it feels very very similar to what it feels like when I’m LD’ng. I can feel my hands, etc… So, this is where I started thinking of what it is to be in a WILD. I’ve never experienced one because I can’t relax enough but hopefully some day.

Anywho Jeff, I don’t think that memories and REM are one and the same. Is just how I see it that makes me want to find similarites or explanations.

And for Whitewolf and DreamerKrystal, I thought when you daydreamed More like when you temporarily envisioned goals, secret desires and/or even consequences to something you’re pondering?

I hope I haven’t lost you guys. :bored:

day dreaming is when everything around you is realy far away (mentaly) daydreaming is almost the same as bieng hynotized or self hypnosis… pondering is pondering, their’s a more concious level to it,
When daydreaming your mind is wide open for suggestions, this is why it would probably work good for WILD…