New here? shake hands with the rest of us :)

Hi, my real name is Dan. I am a thirteen year old gifted student from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. I am interested in all things paranormal and supernatural. I have developed minor psychic abilities and recently I learned about Lucrid Dreams from searching on the internet. I have been trying to invoke a Lucrid Dream for sevral weeks now, and last night I suceeded. I just found this site and I am poasting a question on this forum I hope you people will answer.

Hi, i think it’s time for me to present myself.

My name is Olof i’m 20 years old from Sweden.

I started my journey to lucidity for one and an half week ago when i first read about lucid dreaming. I became very excited about it and decided to get into it seriously.

The process of dream recall was more sucessfull than i thougt was possible. The second night trying to recall dreams i recalled 3 dreams and continued recall 3 dreams the 5 first days and even got up to 5 dreams one day. :cool_laugh:

Now i have too much to do in school so i just remember one dream a night but i don’t mind that much i’m glad having any at all.

I’ve just recently begun with some lucid living and i’m trying to add some RCs to my day habbits today.

Haven’t got my first lucid yet but i’ve got plenty of dreams about lucidity all the time so i hope that’s a good sign. In the first dream i recalled after reading about lucid dreaming i were telling my friend about how to become lucid :content:

Hey, I’m Gabe… I’m 23, and I live in Austin, Texas. I’ve been a lucid dreamer for a long time… I just saw the movie “Waking Life” the other night, and it has sparked my intrest in experimenting with and heightening my lucid experiences. Has anyone posted about “Waking Life” in this forum yet? If not… I’ll have to get that ball rolling. It’s an amazing film.
Peace - Gabe
“Dream is destiny”

Welcome GabeWithKungFuGrip!!! (nice nick BTW)

OF COURSE there is a thread about that great movie Waking Life:
slagt.net/ld4all/viewtopic.php?t=454

Hi my name is Vitali Gusatinsky and I’m a 15-year old student that currently lives in Finland but come originally from the former Soviet Union, or modern Russia. Ever since I was small I had vivid dreams of flying and sometimes even low/medium leveled lucid dreaming and have always been facinated by dreams as I consider them a vast source of knowledge and inspiration.

Hi,
I’m 29 years old and from North London, UK. I’m a single mum with a lovely boy of 3. I’ve always been interested in dreams - lucid or otherwise, and will happily bore my friends for hours about “this MAD dream i had last night…”
When i was small i had very strong recurring night terrors/dreams, involving sleep-walking and talking, and lucidity, although obviously i didnt realise it at the time! I have also always had precognitive dreams, mostly about pretty mundane subjects unfortunately (although i did once dream the lottery numbers, only to remember just 3 when i awoke, which turned out to be right!! Damn…missed my chance there!) As if all that wierdness wasnt enough i’m also mildly telepathic from time to time…!
So…not surprising that im really into consiousness studies, ESP, psychology, magic etc. Great to meet everyone here, and thanks for the site PasQuale!
Mel

Hello dreamers… I have been doing this like a month or something. I haven’t had any lds yet, but I’m trying. I live in Finland, and right now it’s snowing… nice… I’m 15 :cool: … so I think that’s about it. Sweet dreams!!

Nice to meet you all…

I’m 19 years old, and live in Canada. I currently work at computers/eletronics store, the first job Ive had in a long while that I actually enjoy! Im taking a few courses at the local art college, they’re all credit courses, so I can use them if I decide to apply for Foundation Year with a portfolio and everything. I’d like to think of myself as an artist, really, I dont have much on an identity without it. I have my own website (points below), and I occassionally get commissions to supplement my income (though usually only from “Crazy Ferret Ladies”, who want pics of their ferrets dressed up and doing things!).

I used to work on lucid dreaming on a regular basis, and even succeeded for a time. My interest has dropped off recently though, but Im thinking about putting more effort into it again. Meditation and other similar things intrigue me. I ended up here in a roundabout way, and who knows, maybe I’ll stick around for awhile.

Hi, I’m a 21 year old guy from Finland. I recently started to keep a dream journal although I have tried to start practising LD for a whole year now. I got a spark from www.lucidity.com I think. Anyway I’m doing just fine in dream recalling for that has been always quite easy for me. I’m glad I found this forum so I can learn from other peoples experiences. Cheers.

Hey all it’s great to be here, i’ve been reading this forum for a couple weeks, it was a godsend to find this place since i’ve been so interested in lucid dreaming for a long long time, since i’ve found this place i’ve been having more and more LD’s or close calls. Today I had 6 false awakenings and a couple semi-LD’s and some fake ones, it was the craziest thing thats ever happened as far as dreams go. I’m 18 and I live in Fort Collins, CO and I go to CSU. My roomate wakes up three hours before me so I have a perfect schedule for trying to LD.

Hello, all.

Harlequin isn’t my real name, but I do answer to it online and off–Harli for those too busy to type the entire thing, which is understandable.

I’ve been studying LDs, on and off, for most of my life. I’m one of those lucky people who gets them nearly every night without actively inducing them, and for the longest time I never understood what the big deal was with lucidity.

Within the last few years I’ve really tried to accelarate my studies to see just how far I can go–dream control is fairly easy now, and I’ve had a small handful of OBEs (although every single one of them was accidental). I think right now my biggest challenge is deciding what I should do once I’m lucid–dream control for entertainment purposes is all well and good, but I think I’m trying to get a little more out of my dreams than mere entertainment now.

I am also very interested in the idea of entheogen use and how it relates to the dream world. I’ve had some very successful experiences with melatonin and a few other materials, but for the most part I’ve been feeling like I’m running around in the dark because no one else around me studies both–it’s usually one or the other. From reading the different forums I am glad to see that there is so much knowledge floating around, and I’m very glad to be here.

I look forward to talking with all of you more.

Harlequin

Hey everyone!

Strife is my nick name around my school...i've had 1 LD in my entire life but i'm trying to get more...if you ever want to share some tips or anything with me feel free cuz everything helps.

I’m gonna go surf the site and forums a bit so i’ll catch u all later.

oh i’m from Canada home of the CANADIANS! NOT CANADIENS!

nvm

LOL :cool_laugh:

Hi everyone.

It’s probably about time I lifted the curtain and revealed a little about myself. :content:

My name is Andrew. I work as a computer programmer for a small software company, primarily focusing on databasing between desktop PCs and hand-held PDA devices. It’s interesting stuff, plus it gives me a lot of time to keep up to date with this forum. :wink:

I was something of a dream enthusiast as a child, and I never really grew out of it. I don’t personally consider there to be any real meaning to what we dream about, particularly anything that goes beyond our physical selves, but they still fascinate me.

About 2 years ago I inadvertently stumbled across the term ‘Lucid Dreaming’ while searching the internet. Needless to say it certainly caught my attention. I now enjoy a rather satisfying 3 or 4 LDs each week, which varies depending on how much stress I endure at work during that time. :smile:

I never had any books on the topic, mainly because I don’t believe in credit cards. Plus the book stores around here are somewhat ordinary when it comes to specialized non-fiction :neutral:, so I learned everything from online guides, FAQs and good old trial and error. That is, until I found this site. :grin:

I’m always looking to help inexperienced people, discuss techniques and experiences, or simply engage in a friendly debate about the meaning of life.

See ya around :smile:

Hello, i’m a 16 year old girl from Finland. I just found out about lucid dreaming today, and well… i’m quite excited! Music is my passion and i’m very interested in spiritual things.

I’m also glad to see there are other Finnish people on the board :smile:

Hello…

My real name is Petar…
I’m from Croatia, I’m 19 Years old…I don’t have a job, though I do have a hobby (don’t we all)… I like to work in 3d Studio Max to make artistic images…I’ve been doing that for 4.5 years now and I’m proud of what can I do in Max with my current skills…
I’ve also taken an interest in Lucid Dreaming… I wanted to find a way to bring some refreshment into my life… LD seems like a perfect choice as I plan to become an expert in LD, so I can eventually try out a technique using it…

shakes hands

I’m a 17 year old guy living in Melbourne, Australia. About to finish my last year of normal schooling, hoping to go to Uni and study media/communications stuff. Behind the scenes of TV/Radio etc. with aspirations to become a comedian or a writer one day :smile:

I have never had a Lucid dream, so for the moment most of my posts will focus around the newbie forum :sad:

I’m a newie too. I haven’t had any Lucid dreams yet. But I will have them soon i hope :cool:

Hi there, im another noobie, im a Uni student from New Zealand studying geology, im 22 years old and really like shooting (target) as my sport, and have an interest in hunting and I have an amateurish interest in psychology and human behavior.
I frequently have lucid dreams, but only ever have partial control in them
(if thats still lucid). My aim is to have them more often and for longer (i almost always wake up when things start happening). :cool_laugh:

Hello there,
I am 44 years old and a housewife and production assember from California. I have always had an interest in phycology and science, I am a student of tarot and I work with runes (elder futhark) for self counseling. I first became interested in LD when i read a book called “The Art of Dreaming” by Carlos Casteneda (sp?). This book had several exercises in dreaming including knowing when you begin to move into the dreaming stage and trying to see your hands in your dreams amongst other exercises. With much patience I was able to know that I was dreaming and did in fact view my hands and moved them around at will. Since I have noted my surroundings and have been able to feel “texters” and “hardness” of different elements in my dreams. This is what has lead me to look for a web site on this subject. Thank you for the opportunity to say “hi” and talk of these things.

Sweet Dreams
Blueluna

Hmm…new. Testing out avatar as well.