Is this good?

keeping out of topic :smile:

Vel nu skal jeg skrive på engelsk… :alien:

I have been thinking a bit of making a Norweagian web-site about LDs. But maybe it’s a good idea to have lucid dreams BEFORE making a site about them. I haven’t managed to have a lucid dream yet, so…

By the way, do you from Scandinavia think that “klare drømmer” (in Norweagian) is a good translation of “lucid dreams”? I have been thinking about it a bit :confused: but I haven’t been able to find any better translation.

i would most definitely think starting at an early age would increase your chances to have more lds in a lifetime (if we all reach an average age). at these young adult and teenage years the mind is still developing, and lucidity is one of the materials used earlier on to construct your mentality. i’ve only been practicing since december 2001. and so if it started at 13 (which i knew of ld’ing when 13 but didn’t have practice strictly) i would probably have a much more proficient mentality for it. so, yes, it is good.

Hey! How are you all?

Well thankyou for asking, I’m fantastic!! I started Lucid Dreaming when I was… actually it was this morning!! Yes!! I’m so happy. I’ve been trying since 6 days ago. I bought the book this time 7 days ago. I’m at uni so it’s hard to keep up with the exercises in the book. So I said to myself yesterday, stuff it, I don’t have time for this. And then it just happens… twice! In the one night! And I managed to stay lucid and maintain it for a goodly time before waking. It’s the coolest thing. Man. I’m ecstatic.

This post reminds me of a thing I often think about. If you catch an earlier train, you get home earlier. And that’s always a good thing. So the earlier you start trying to LD, the sooner you can join the party.

Sorry, I’m just so happy :happy:

hey rush im only 13 and ive had lucid dreams and im not tireder(is that a word?) or less tired

Hmm, well, i cant find a better translation either, so i guess its good enoug :smile:

Ohayo gozaimasu! Watashi wa nihongo desu. Anata desu ka? Soko romaji desu.

I guess I’m the only one who is studying Japanese here. :happy:

Since everybody else is way far from the topic, I think I just gonna jump on the wave. (I’m from norway too bytheway)

About the hompage you are talking about in norwegian, If you ever gonna make in, make sure to contact me. I can write some articels in norwegian, but I’m not a webdesigner so I can’t make a nice good looking site (see the example home.no/lucid) I have by the way got some stuff in norwegian about meditating (it’s related with lucid dreaming) found on my homepage.

about the translation Lucid -> Klare. It sounds stupid and can be missunderstud so ‘beviste drømmer’ is a litle better I think. (conscious dreams for all non norwegian readers)

Still out of topic Damn the bold text code doesn’t work

Well maybe “bevisste drømmer” is better… You have something there DJem :smile:
Well, about this site, now I have managed to have a lucid dream (and I think there will come more of them :cool: ), so I am a step closer to making this homepage. But I will have to let the idea develop in my head before making something out of it. I will post it in this forum when I have more concrete plans :wink:

I’m 14 years old, but I think that it is better to start lucids as young as u can.:smile: I have trying to see lucids about 5 - 8 months(I don’t remember) and I have seen only 2 good lucid.:sad: But i still try and keep dream diary. Maybe I will see a lucid tonight.:smile:

Hei muuten, onkos täällä muita suomalaisia?:smiley: Tuli vaan mieleen kun keskustelu kääntyi kieliin. What language?:wink:

Finnish I guess? :alien:

How did u knew that? :cheesy:

Well I just had a feeling in my toe that said that “it’s finnish” :content: . Well is there any prize for guessing correct? I think $1.000 would do it for me (you see I am not greedy) :content: :content:

DeQ: mä oon ainakin suomesta. linnunhammas on myös ja toi soothsayer ilmeisesti :smile:.

Soothsayer: Mainitsit tossa jotain suomalaisista sivustoista. Onko niitä? Pastee muutama urli tänne jos tiedät jotain.

ps. LucidityX1000, käännä tämä niin saat sen 1000$ palkintos :crazy:

pps. Just that this wouldnt go so off-topic. I started LDing when i was 16 and i have been doing it for a year now (that makes me 17, doesnt it? :gni: ).

I’ve had similar experiences as elee and ulrik - i’m 16 and started about a year ago - it’s very hard to keep up with lucid dreams and school work and all other stuff at the same time, but now that it’s summer, i think i’ll get back into it - i’ve had one pretty good lucid and a few other milder ones.

Actually I don’t understand Finnish. There’s a difference between knowing what’s finnish and actually understanding it, you see?

I know :smile:. It was just a joke. :crazy:

No tersee!! :grin: Mä on sitte suomalainen kans, ihan alottelija näissä lucid-jutuissa :eh:

i just noticed theres not much people from u.s there all from europe. Wonder why.

i am 16 and i started having lds a year ago

Im 27… but I have been interested in my dreams since I was in high school. Then my aunt gave me a book about dreaming for Christmas a few years ago and much of it was about lucid dreaming and I was hooked. I poked around on the web and found this site and have made it my home from that day forward. I love it here. Think this group is great. I rarely ever find any negative posters here.