What ends an LD

Ok, I have had 2 dreams where i could control what happened to a point. But in both instances the dreams slowly faded back in to Regular dreams.

Why does that happen? I am having a blast running around with a lightsaber and then for some reason i lose the light saber and then kinda lose all control.

Is there a check you have to keep doing in order to maintain a LD?

Excitment brings adrenaline into your system, which awakes you.

I’m sure that with practice, one eventually is able to stay in their dream or somehow gauge time and adrenaline levels and know when to slow down, then pick back up again.

Point taken, I did get exited when i pulled out a light saber, And after that i faded back in regular dream. I’m just curious on ways to keep the adreniline in check, practice obviously

Sonds like you just need to take it slower and a bit calmer. If you feel yourself starting ot lose lucidity, do a couple of maintainers: rub your hands together, spin, do some RCs, etc.

On a side note I find spinning in your mind is a good way to help with WILD’ing. I use it all the time.

Yeah if i get to excited i wake up as well. Its quite hard to stay calm when your experiencing it all for the first few times. Now if i feel im losing control i usually start flying, for some reason this calms me down and prolongs the lucid dream.

Peace Sensi.

Flying, i thought that would make you more exited but i guess if it works for you i should try it.

On a side note, I had a lucid dream in a MRI machine, It only lasted for a few moments but it quite a interesting experience.

try rubbing your hands :smile:

I have been reading alot posts and rubbing your hands seems to come up quite often. Can you explain why that works, im just curious.

I also heard that if you ‘try’ to read a book that it also helps.

Rubbing hands together has been proven to increace lucidity in a dream. It is 2nd best method of increasing lucidity. twirling on your own axis is rated the most efficent method of increasing the lucid state

The basic idea is that any kind of movement can help increase lucidity and help you stay in the dream. I too find that flying works very well. Spinning is one of the best methods but when you first start out you do have the chance that you will have a false awakening. That is why a lot of people prefer rubbing your hands together. Also, holding on to something in the dream or even looking at your hands helps stabile things.

Another thing to keep in mind is to stay engaged in the dream. In other words you do not want to be standing around doing nothing or trying to figure out what to do. That can cause you to loose lucidity or wake up completely. I like to plan my LD’s before I go to sleep to prevent this.

Woa. This is big news for me. Next time i get one i’ll try flying, using my hands or spinning on my axis.

But planning your dreams, now i’m jelous, I dont ever know when the next one is gonna happen.

Plan anyway. Just say tonight when I become lucid I will…

Really mean it. Perhaps the positive thinking alone will increase your number of LD’ s

Happy Dreaming

yep :smile: but as for why we slip? its like a fine line, we are on one side of it most of the time, that is the side where we are asleep with no idea that it is a dream and on the other side of that line is the waking side, lucid dreaming sits right on that border line until you learn how to control your stability.

People use hand rubbing spinning is also good, i have found with suggestion of a few people on this forum that touching the ground helps and it does ! :happy: but i found one of the ways to stay inside the dream was to give up lucidity… wanna try that :wink: but trust me it comes back to you very quickly in the dream.

surge of emotion can bring you into a waking state so just remember to stay calm, you can feel the emotions just dont let them rule you because that will wake you up :smile:

Wow, I’m more inspired then ever. Those are really good tips and advice.

Now to try for Lucidity tonight.

Getting to the other side of that fine line is so tough sometimes… :neutral:

it sure can be, but itsnt it great when you do :smile: and trust me it will get eaiser and eaiser the more that you do it. Good luck and tell us how you go as well :happy: