One of many WILD(?)-experiences

Last night I tried a WILD method. I sent myself in thought to a stairway set in some kind of dungeon. As I was walking up the stairs and counting the steps, it didn’t take long before the stairway changed in front of my eyes while I was concious. Suddenly I was in some sort of modern building, perhaps in the stairway of a scraper. I kept walking for a while, and then I had suddenly opened a door. This is where I think I made my mistake, for I remembered that I should simply keep walking in the stairs and count rather then venture into some other thoughts. Later on I realized that maybe the dream would have started beyond that very door, what do you think, o wise and experienced? :smile:

DD, dreaming and enjoying it, hoping to learn how to become lucid easily

Becoming lucid easily is really hard.

Ok, so maybe I’m not “wise and expierienced” but I’ve spent enough time 'round here to know a WILD when I see one (but I sometimes confuse it with intense HI).

And if you became concsious after you saw the staircase changed, sorry but that’s not a WILD. That mean you fell asleep trying a WILD, and just happened to get lucid

However, if you entered the dream concsiously, as in you got into SP, saw some HI, and then entered the dream wide awake, that, my friend, is a WILD. Either way, you were lucid.

DD

I am not sure I completely understand what your experience was like.

A assume that you were visualizing yourself walking up the dungeon stairs. When you got to the door you could have said something like beyond this door is my dream world. Then opened the door and see what happens. I’ll wager that when the steps changed you may have been dreaming at that point unless you know differently.

Anyway I have been experimenting with a similar technique using self hypnosis. Basically I use the same routine for a past life regression only in stead of going into a past life I tell myself that I am going into a dream. I have not made it work yet but, I will keep trying.

First of, I just noticed how silly my choice of name is. Mainly because I had no intention to actually be associated with ‘Dream Diary’ in any way :smile: Ah well, it’s a lesser trouble in everyday life I guess :wink:

The experience was as follows: I visualized walking in a dungeon stair. I was walking and feeling the rail and so on from a first person view, counting the steps. I forgot to mention this aswell, though I guess it was just my mind wandering, for I had suddenly trouble taking less than 2-3 steps at a time. I just stopped fighting it and gave in to it after a while, still counting one number at a time. After a while longer, the whole environment changed from my own dungeon version to the modern version without my conscious involvement. Though I did notice it, and I guess I could have changed it back, had I only tried, but I didn’t dislike the new setting so I kept walking. Came to the door, opened it a little and I actually saw a few images from behind the door (I think it was images, I remember the color red behind the door at least), but then I shut it because, as I said, I didn’t think that was the way to start dreaming.

DreamerKrystal, what I really meant was that I’d like to become lucid easier :smile: I’ve been lucid once, and I’ve tried a few times after that but I just haven’t succeeded ever since.

I don’t see anything wrong with your name but, if it bothers you I believe you can change it in your profile which you can access on the top of the page.

Anyway, it sounds to me like you passed from your visualization right into dreaming you just did not realize it. But that is still good progress. Next time you will know to be more aware and hopefully you will catch it. Perhaps if you walked into the door you may have noticed more strange things and become lucid. I know someone mentioned on this forum that they do reality checks at different intervals during WILD and it worked for them. I personally have not tried it so I can’t say how well it would work, but it is worth a try.

Happy Dreaming

I second what milod said :happy:

Oh, yea, becoming lucid easily. I’ve been tired, recently. Partly because of all my WBTBs and trying to get into a WILD. I’ve only gotten into SP so far, but I always either fall asleep or wake up out of fear. Keep trying! :smile: