The BIG WILD Topic - Part XII

thx milod

when you say

you never really explain how to get into a trance.

Lol hey all, sorry ive been gone so long…busy!!! :neutral:

Jarod:
Its good to see that others WILD like me. Something ive been trying to figure out for sure is the process before the image. Like, usually for me i just happen upon the faint image, and then somehow it gets all vivid when i zoom into a part of it or just the whole thing as a dreamscape. I want to develop my technique to the point that i can take faint hypnogogic imagery and work it into vividity so i can WILD it.

[OT] :smile:

Dream-re-entry is a skill i wanna develop too. I would say youre already pretty developed in that intention has some success for you. I guess that a lucid dream-re-entry would require multiple skills.

I can sometimes dream re-entry but for me its usually just an ND or a part of a deja-dream.

Hehe, i get that too all the time, falling asleep while trying to remember the dream before getting up and writing it. Its because i believe that theres better recall if youre still in position and whatnot, hehe. Good luck with figuring that possible LD technique out. :smile: Maybe a reality check every time you record your dreams?

[OT]

Nice technique. Lets see, in my personal experience, vivid hypnogogic imagery (by vivid i mean very very detailed imagery, like you can focus on it in detail, versus fleeting images that are hard to grasp) seems to come naturally. Its like i’ll be in SP and thinking about manifesting imagery to focus actually works!

Or, you can do what i end up oftentimes doing: pulling a FOBELD: False OBE Lucid Dream. Basically its like slowly, but surely getting out of your body. I dont know how to describe it, but it works. Its false OBE because you just wake from them easy and you can totally tell its a dreamscape. Think like you can feel yourself floating inside your SP body, then, gently urge yourself to roll out. Once you hit the floor or whatever youre pretty much good to go.

Good luck!

Sorry, i cant really think of anything. You could try silencing your mind and not thinking about ANYTHING but keeping your awareness so that once a dream hits you’ll ‘wake’ (consciousness, or thought will return) and you’ll be lucid. However, this takes some mental discipline, say experience with meditation and trance states.

Milod

I must say that that is an ingenious technique. Too many people have tried and failed trying to figure a WILD from initially going to bed (myself included). Youve here done a very good job in describing a technique to pull off a night-WILD.

Bendrummin

A trance basically is like no-thought only deeper. By deeper, i think the main distinction would be that time becomes like a blink of the eye. The waking-life experience of the trance state will be like your memory of it. Then again thats my personal interpretation of it. Im not a practitioner of self-hypnosis (which i think is a better doorway to trance than meditation) so im not going to try describing it. :tongue:

Meditation is like, the other half of LD (at least in my personal experience) because it teaches you how to clear your mind, and how to have undeviating focus on something. Basically, its like mental discipline that helps to dispell the mental ‘chaos/haze/deviation’ that hurts LD’s, and is basically annoying IRL. :grin:

'Luck

Posted rougly the same thing in a different thread, guess it would be better here though.

This happened about a week ago, and I haven’t tried to reproduce it since. I didn’t know at the time, but what I was doing was a WILD with a minor change. I did this AS I was going to bed for the first time. Instead of going to sleep for 5 hours, wakeing up, etc… I just did it while I was trying to get to sleep. I had been resting for about an hour, just thinking about stuff, and telling myself I would become lucid. I lied on my back, closed my eyes and looked to the area above and between the eyebrows. And just relaxed and looked to that point…after about 30-45 or so seconds I heard this loud ringing in my ear and felt myself being pulled from my body! It was absolutely the strangest thing I’ve ever experienced in my life. Just so damn wierd to the point of being a little scary. I snapped out of it after a couple of seconds because of the shock. This was the first time I tried the WILD thing, and I want to know what happens after that and even if thats suppose to happen while WILDing…

Don’t worry. Yes that is supposed to happen. I often feel my self being pulled out of my body down through my feet when I WILD. If you just let yourself go You mot likely would have found yourself standing in your dream room fully lucid.

Once you get over some of the frightening experiences during WILD they will become very cool. :cool:
Congratulations on getting so close on your first WILD attempt. :thumbs:

I am going to try again. This time I will relax more, and it won’t matter if I don’t get an LD.

Hey guys,
I have been having a bit of trouble with the Counting method of WILD. you see I am either trying to hard to induce or not trying hard enough to induce. I have been getting low lucidity dreams even since I switched to WILD (one every night so far!). But I think that they are DILD because I include in my counting “1. I am dreaming 2. I am dreaming…” so in my dream I say “hey I am dreaming” but then fall back into a ND.

so my questions are.

1. How do you keep aware of your sleeping without keeping yourself awake or making yourself goto sleep.

and

1. Will the lucidity levels increase in DILD? or am I better off keeping up the wake induced.

thanks.

Personally I think the most misundertood/difficult part of WILD is that part where your mind is ballenced between conciousness and dreaming and you have to get the hook that pulls you in.

Hers a tech I use to WILD…

1. Your normally awake, or have just awoke from a dream. Close your eyes and think about a dream senario.

2. Make sure you imagine a scene populated by at least one person.

3. Let your mind drift dreamily but spin out a situation where you are watching this person doing a job (for example a woman behind a bar in the bar there are just a couple of other people drinking alone at tables).

4. In your mind direct your view like you’ve just waked over to the bar, stand right infront of the woman.

5. Hopefully she’ll look up if she doesn’t imagine catching her attention. When she looks up look her directly in the eyes, lean over the bar slightly so your a little too close. Really look at her.

6. Don’t say anything to her even when she might ask you a question, look at the detail on her face especially the eyes. If this were a real situation it would be a very “charged” (not normal) one and I think its this that does it for me. A short burst of an electric feeling and your vision clears like someone has turned the sun on, and your there staring at the real dream character.

If you wake or find your not seeing the scene in clarity enough, your not deep enough in sleep, its a hard act, the balence just between waking and fully dreaming but with practice it gets easier.

Also see lucidcrossroads.co.uk/WILD.htm WILD page at the crossroads

And lucidcrossroads.co.uk/gatekeeper.htm gatekeeper technique at the crossroads

I had a very different WILD this morning:

I wonder if I only dreamt that I got SP or did I go into a dream even if I had my eyes open or maybe I had already entered a dream when I opened my eyes :confused: :help: I did look at my clock before I got the SP, but I can’t exactly remember what happened :bored: Has this happened to anyone else? And I think that I will try this the next time I get SP in the morning, because I haven’t been able to WILD before during SP unless I got HI.

i have been trying WILD for… a while now, and ive never managed to get it to work, even staying with my body asleep and my mind concious for around 2 hours… Its never worked, not once. It seems to me like i have a problem with switching from my real body to my “dream” body or something. I have no trouble concentrating or relaxing, i just dont know where to go from where im at. The farthest ive ever gotten was basically entering REM (or i think that was what it was), because my eyes were vibrating like crazy. Another thing, I dream in color but i dont see colored HI when attempting WILD. Any help would be appreciated. I will attempt again tonight with any techniques i read.

This is the part that is hard for people to understand. In simple words you are thinking too much. You want to get to the point where you can let go of all your thoughts except what you are focusing on. (Not sure what you use) Lets use visualization of a symbol as an example. You want to first visualize the symbol. Once you can see the symbol now drop your consciousness even more to where you are aware of the symbol but not thinking about it. From there you don’t “do” anything. Things will happen all on their own. It is important to stay passive. Thoughts, emotions or attempts to enter a dream in my experience take too much thought and there fore keep you awake.

Happy dreaming :smile:

hmm that might have been my problem all along… thx
EDIT:
Ok i need sum help! Ive never actually tried any techniques for WILD, just remained concious while going to sleep. Never gets me anywhere…
Milod789: when you say “symbol” what do you mean? Can you give me a link?

I tried my first ever WILD last night. I counted to 100, but felt myself falling asleep at about 67. Once I counted to 100, I done an RC and was awake. I closed my eyes and fell asleep almost immediately.

Did I do the right thing by counting to 100 then opening my eyes? Or should I have visualised something like stairs as well?

thanks for posting this – i haven’t had a LD in awhile but just yesterday morning i had one via WILD where (though i didn’t plan this) i jumped through a glass door and then felt very vividly the sensation of walking upstairs lucidly & that helped me enter into it. :happy: i appreciate the idea!

e

There is only one kind of HI I can wild from, and that is if i am lucky enough to see a road or a path. Does anybody know how to make a certain HI appear?

My dreams have been playing tricks on me lately.

I have been trying to do WILD, and I end up dreaming about doing WILD and I experience HI in the dream.

It’s so elusive, because the feeling of being in bed is unmistakable, so I think I’m awake being aware of the WILD imagery, and really it’s just a dream!

What really should have given it away was that I was doing physically impossible things while ‘dreaming about WILD’; I was rocking side to side on my bed as if there was no gravity or friction.

hmm…hopefully next time I can catch this.

hmm so far I have only got WILD to work twice (in one night) i have not been able to remember my dreams or even have low lucidity (when I do dream) ever since my long LD.I have not been stressed, I have been useing the counting method for exactly one month now. It was good good then awesome now its been bad for the past week and a half.

What yall think? Should I continue my WILD (counting method) or what? lately its been keeping me awake, even when I use WBTB it keeps me awake. It used to work and now it does not :cry: :cry: :cry: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Sometimes, i’m in bed getting to sleep. I’m not tired as hell or anything, but ready for sleep. I start thinking abotu scenarios of my own life, like middle school graduation. when i do, i recount everything that happens and im so immersed in the thoughts. i can actually think of someone screamin, “hey mr. kuster” and they do. But of course when this is happening, i think its just having a vivid imagination. but back to me: i envision myself walking or something, and then , without me making it up, i might trip on something, like a stairway, in my thoughts, and my body would JERK like it really happened. Then, i’d feel really calm and kind of scared by the sudden movement. What is this? Is this WILDING sans hypnagogic imagery, or what? If i had kept going without body movemnt would this have been a dream??? hmmm

That jerk is a pain. I usually fall through the ground or through my bed. When the thoughts are no longer consciously made up by you, you are on the way to fall asleep.

I found that I some times get board with some techniques. I will use one WILD technique then, I get board with it and it does not work so well anymore. What I do is switch around my techniques when one stops working. I think your idea of changing techniques is a good one. Just change to a different WILD tech.