A n00bzor!1!!11one!! question.

Heh, I know this sounds pretty noobish, but I’m just really having trouble finding a technique that works for me. There are so many, but I’ve narrowed it down to WBTB with MILD, VILD or The CAT Method. I’ve only tried WBTB with mild, but I’m also confused about how long to sleep, and how long to stay up since all the tuts. disagree with eachother.

That is because everyone is different. You have to decide what is right for you. In my opinion there are no absolute rules when it comes to dreaming. We all agree that WBTB along with MILD/WILD is a powerful technique. However, many have different experiences about how long you should stay up with this combo.

My personal preference is to go right back to sleep after I wake up. In fact if I do not have to I won’t even get out of bed or even move for that matter. I find that this works well for me and causes no disruption in my sleep.

Others feel that they have to stay up for a while to prevent themselves from falling unconsciously asleep too fast.

Yet another opinion: is that if you stay up for a while then go back to sleep you trick your brain into thinking you were sleeping longer the you really were thus inducing a long rem cycle when you go back to sleep. (Ex: you sleep for 6 hours wake up and stay up for 2 hours then go back to sleep your brain thinks you have been a sleep for 8 hours. So if you sleep for another 2 or 3 hours you get the same rem activity of someone who has slept for 9or 10 hours even though you only slept for 8 ) At least that is the way I understand it.

So my advise would be for you to think about your self. For example ask yourself How easily do I get back to sleep? If you have trouble getting back to sleep then perhaps only staying up for a short time would be right for you. Things like that. All the methods work you just have to find the one that works best for you.

Good luck and happy dreaming.

:content: , Thanks a lot for your post, that helped a lot.